Bruce Willis to team up with Bill Murray on Barry Levinson's latest, ROCK THE KASBAH, as well as playing an android pimp in VICE!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
That Bruce Willis just keeps on truckin', don't he? He's just wrapped THE PRINCE with Jason Patric and John Cusack, and he's gearing up to shoot THE CAPTIVE which was originally scheduled to start lensing in March, but has now been pushed back. Now, he's signed onto two more projects that will (presumably) feature him in a starring capacity.
First off will be VICE, which Deadline says will start shooting in March (which may have led to THE CAPTIVE's delay). VICE takes place in a future where humans use androids to serve as sex-bots, and features Ambyr Childers (WE ARE WHAT WE ARE) as one android who decides that she "will not be subjected to criminal abuse". Bruce will be playing the proprietor of a decadent pleasure palace (which the film is named after) who will probably not be all too happy his sexy toy robot is getting all uppity and sentient on him. No word on who's directing that one, but the budget is in the 15 million range, so I'm hoping it's going to be more low-key and thematically ambitious than, say, SURROGATES, and that it has something weighty for Bruce to flex his acting muscles with.
Next, Bruce will join Bill Murray on Barry Levinson's new flick, ROCK THE KASBAH, which starts shooting in June. That film has Murray playing a washed-up music producer who finds his latest talent in Kabul, Afghanistan. The film was scripted by Mitch Glazer, who wrote the awesome SCROOGED and directed the borderline-unwatchable PASSION PLAY. No word on what Bruce's character will be, or who will play the young ingenue, but Levinson has a way with talented actors (seriously, DINER is like the first and best thing most of those actors ever did), so I'm hoping for MOONRISE KINGDOM-level performances from the two leads.
These projects certainly sound more interesting than another slapped-together DIE HARD movie, and reflect Bruce's recent ambitions to move away from action films. As someone who will always treasure that "actor" Bruce you see in movies like PULP FICTION, TWELVE MONKEYS, UNBREAKABLE, and even LOOPER, I'm looking forward to seeing if these upcoming projects can bring that talent to the surface.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 229 total posts 229 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 186 total posts 186 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 132 total posts 131 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 200 total posts 116 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 109 total posts 66 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 218 total posts 54 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 348 total posts 53 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 60 total posts 48 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 104 total posts 43 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 85 total posts 36 posts