Bruce Willis to team up with Bill Murray on Barry Levinson's latest, ROCK THE KASBAH, as well as playing an android pimp in VICE!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
That Bruce Willis just keeps on truckin', don't he? He's just wrapped THE PRINCE with Jason Patric and John Cusack, and he's gearing up to shoot THE CAPTIVE which was originally scheduled to start lensing in March, but has now been pushed back. Now, he's signed onto two more projects that will (presumably) feature him in a starring capacity.
First off will be VICE, which Deadline says will start shooting in March (which may have led to THE CAPTIVE's delay). VICE takes place in a future where humans use androids to serve as sex-bots, and features Ambyr Childers (WE ARE WHAT WE ARE) as one android who decides that she "will not be subjected to criminal abuse". Bruce will be playing the proprietor of a decadent pleasure palace (which the film is named after) who will probably not be all too happy his sexy toy robot is getting all uppity and sentient on him. No word on who's directing that one, but the budget is in the 15 million range, so I'm hoping it's going to be more low-key and thematically ambitious than, say, SURROGATES, and that it has something weighty for Bruce to flex his acting muscles with.
Next, Bruce will join Bill Murray on Barry Levinson's new flick, ROCK THE KASBAH, which starts shooting in June. That film has Murray playing a washed-up music producer who finds his latest talent in Kabul, Afghanistan. The film was scripted by Mitch Glazer, who wrote the awesome SCROOGED and directed the borderline-unwatchable PASSION PLAY. No word on what Bruce's character will be, or who will play the young ingenue, but Levinson has a way with talented actors (seriously, DINER is like the first and best thing most of those actors ever did), so I'm hoping for MOONRISE KINGDOM-level performances from the two leads.
These projects certainly sound more interesting than another slapped-together DIE HARD movie, and reflect Bruce's recent ambitions to move away from action films. As someone who will always treasure that "actor" Bruce you see in movies like PULP FICTION, TWELVE MONKEYS, UNBREAKABLE, and even LOOPER, I'm looking forward to seeing if these upcoming projects can bring that talent to the surface.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 391 total posts 381 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 180 total posts 74 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 273 total posts 51 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 63 total posts 47 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 71 total posts 45 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 92 total posts 40 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 92 total posts 33 posts