Paul Greengrass to write and direct an adaptation of the spy novel, THE DIRECTOR!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
Paul Greengrass is coming off of both critical and financial success with CAPTAIN PHILLIPS and will likely be getting a nomination or two for it when the Oscar nominees are announced tomorrow. So, he probably had his choice of projects to follow that up with and now we know what he has likely decided on.
According to The Wrap, Sony has won a bidding war to acquire David Ignatius’ spy novel, THE DIRECTOR, with Greengrass planning to write and direct, and his CAPTAIN PHILLIPS partner, Scott Rudin producing.
Here is Amazon's description of the novel:
"In David Ignatius’s gripping new novel, spies don’t bother to steal information . . . they change it, permanently and invisibly.
Graham Weber has been director of the CIA for less than a week when a Swiss kid in a dirty T-shirt walks into the American consulate in Hamburg and says the agency has been hacked, and he has a list of agents’ names to prove it. This is the moment a CIA director most dreads.
Weber isn’t sure where to turn until he meets a charismatic (and unstable) young man named James Morris who runs the Internet Operations Center. He’s the CIA’s in-house geek. Weber launches Morris on a mole hunt unlike anything in spy fiction—one that takes the reader into the hacker underground of Europe and America and ends up in a landscape of paranoia and betrayal.
Like the new world of cyber-espionage from which it’s drawn, The Director is a maze of deception and double-dealing— about a world where everything is written in zeroes and ones and nothing can be trusted."\
That sounds right up Greengrass' alley and to me, he hasn't made a bad film yet, (yes, I like Green Zone) and you know he is going to get a great cast together so this is definitely something I am going to be anticipating.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 169 total posts 13 posts
- Capone's Art-House Round-Up with THE DISAPPEARANCE OF ELEANOR RIGBY: THEM and Terry Gilliam's THE ZERO THEOREM!!! -- 22 total posts 8 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 145 total posts 8 posts
- Papa Vinyard talks with Rose McGowan about her first project as a director and the DAWN Film Festival she's curating this week in downtown Los Angeles! -- 19 total posts 8 posts
- The Additions of Sam Elliott and DEADWOOD’s Garret Dillahunt Suggest That The Final Season Of JUSTIFIED Will Own Us All!! -- 26 total posts 7 posts
- CBS, The Only Network Without A Superhero Show, Just Ordered To Series Berlanti’s SUPERGIRL!! -- 52 total posts 6 posts
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 198 total posts 5 posts
- Capone says Kevin Smith's wonderfully grotesque TUSK falters when it tries too hard to be funny!!! -- 45 total posts 4 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 273 total posts 3 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 118 total posts 3 posts