Bill Paxton To Recur
As John Garrett In
AGENTS OF SHIELD!!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
After getting mixed reviews for the first half of its premiere season, there was a noticeable effort in last week's mid-season premiere of MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. to show that things were getting a little beefed up from now on. From the intro on, there was more of an emphasis on action, the team seemed at once more comfortable with one another and more naturally strained, the secrets behind Coulson's death and resurrection are beginning to be revealed, and even something as small as Brett Dalton maybe being too pretty for the show got dealt with by uglying him up in a fight scene. Now, according to T.V. Guide, Coulson's plane is going to bring aboard, according to Jed Whedon, "a rough-and-tumble former cohort of Agent Coulson with a little bit of attitude and cigar-smoking swagger." Set to play say said former cohort? The one man who's gone against an ALIEN, a TERMINATOR, and a PREDATOR (and totally failed to live to tell about it), Bill motherfreakin' Paxton.
Paxton will join AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. for at least four episodes as Agent John Garrett, who, in the comics, eventually becomes a cyborg with cybernetic implants in his brain and a mechanical hand. No word on how far they're going to be adapting his character for the show, but the idea of Paxton playing a semi-regular role as a grizzled, cigar-chomping cyborg badass instantly makes the show a little bit cooler. Hell, maybe they'll throw Paxton in one of the actual movies. Couldn't hurt.
What you guys think? Does this news get you excited, or is AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. irredeemably dead in the water?
Paxton's first appearance on MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. will go down in late February or early March.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 479 total posts 198 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 299 total posts 149 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 255 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 223 total posts 33 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 590 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 208 total posts 15 posts