Bill Paxton To Recur
As John Garrett In
AGENTS OF SHIELD!!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
After getting mixed reviews for the first half of its premiere season, there was a noticeable effort in last week's mid-season premiere of MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. to show that things were getting a little beefed up from now on. From the intro on, there was more of an emphasis on action, the team seemed at once more comfortable with one another and more naturally strained, the secrets behind Coulson's death and resurrection are beginning to be revealed, and even something as small as Brett Dalton maybe being too pretty for the show got dealt with by uglying him up in a fight scene. Now, according to T.V. Guide, Coulson's plane is going to bring aboard, according to Jed Whedon, "a rough-and-tumble former cohort of Agent Coulson with a little bit of attitude and cigar-smoking swagger." Set to play say said former cohort? The one man who's gone against an ALIEN, a TERMINATOR, and a PREDATOR (and totally failed to live to tell about it), Bill motherfreakin' Paxton.
Paxton will join AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. for at least four episodes as Agent John Garrett, who, in the comics, eventually becomes a cyborg with cybernetic implants in his brain and a mechanical hand. No word on how far they're going to be adapting his character for the show, but the idea of Paxton playing a semi-regular role as a grizzled, cigar-chomping cyborg badass instantly makes the show a little bit cooler. Hell, maybe they'll throw Paxton in one of the actual movies. Couldn't hurt.
What you guys think? Does this news get you excited, or is AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. irredeemably dead in the water?
Paxton's first appearance on MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. will go down in late February or early March.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 213 total posts 80 posts
- Check Out this Awesome Trailer for AUTOMATA - Antonio Banderas and Robots! -- 82 total posts 75 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 281 total posts 43 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 83 total posts 39 posts
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 389 total posts 38 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 90 total posts 12 posts
- FX Renews THE STRAIN For Season Two!! -- 33 total posts 10 posts
- T-MINUS 3 DAYS(ish) And It’s A Wednesday MiniDocback!! New ‘DOCTOR WHO EXTRA’ BTS Show Announced, Germany To Initially Transmit ‘Deep Breath’ Undubbed, And HornOrSilk Reviews ‘The Abandoned’ Big Finish Audio!! -- 34 total posts 9 posts
- Showtime Renews MASTERS OF SEX And RAY DONOVAN For Third Seasons!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- New TV Spot for OUIJA! -- 39 total posts 5 posts