A Few WARCRAFT Details from Star Dominic Cooper!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Duncan Jones' WARCRAFT adaptation has been gearing up over the past couple of months, with casting announcements and additions appearing as they prepare to go into production. Some production art was released during BlizzCon in November, giving fans a bit of an idea as to what they could expect visually from the film.
While plot details are remaining tightly under wraps, star Dominic Cooper recently spilled a little info in an interview with Crave. It sounds like he will be playing a human character, and he explains how the WARCRAFT story is anchored in events that our world is facing today.
“There’s a very human story at the heart of it because there’s a few of us that are humans in it that are up against tribes and problematic issues that exist in the world that we exist in,” Cooper said. “It’s happening all over the world at the moment and you see it happening all over. People have savaged their own lands and their own environment and they’re having to find a new environment in which to move into through the hostility of others. If there’s something as poignant as that that we can relate to and that we see unfolding in everyday life, then it will make it a worthwhile story.”
WARCRAFT is just the latest video game to see a film adaptation, and given the history of such projects, the pressure is on to make this one stand out as a success. Cooper has high hopes for WARCRAFT, and believes that the script and the story will be what set this film apart from other adaptations.
"What they forget is actually you have an ability to interact with a video game and that’s why they’re so successful. So if you’re going to make a film, the pleasure in a film is to be immersed in the world in a brilliantly, even more beautiful than a video game so there’s got to be something more special about it and that ultimately comes down to storyline and content.”
We may not know a whole lot story-wise, but it does look like they will be pulling from the older, original mythology set forth in the original Warcraft games, as opposed to the expanded mythos that has served as the focus of World of Warcraft. During the BlizzCon presentation, Jones and special effects supervisor Bill Westenhofer revealed a few small details, one of which indicates that the Humans and the Orcs will be receiving pretty equal screentime and development. Says Jones (via Kotaku),
"It's about both sides. It's going to be red and blue."
No doubt, we will be hearing more details as the film goes into production in the coming months. This will be a fun one to keep an eye on.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 321 total posts 321 posts
- Is DOCTOR STRANGE coming to us in July 2016?!! -- 404 total posts 208 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 131 total posts 131 posts
- Meet Bigfoot in this New Clip from EXISTS! -- 182 total posts 87 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 667 total posts 56 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 51 total posts 51 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 103 total posts 44 posts
- Capone credits Dan Stevens' performance as the key to THE GUEST being all kinds of twisted goodness!!! -- 38 total posts 38 posts
- DESTINY ‘Raids’ Have Begun!! More Events Coming Soon!! -- 107 total posts 31 posts
- Hercules Says The Big Mystery Is How Anybody At NBC Thought It Was A Good Idea To Greenlight THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA!! -- 46 total posts 31 posts