A Few WARCRAFT Details from Star Dominic Cooper!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Duncan Jones' WARCRAFT adaptation has been gearing up over the past couple of months, with casting announcements and additions appearing as they prepare to go into production. Some production art was released during BlizzCon in November, giving fans a bit of an idea as to what they could expect visually from the film.
While plot details are remaining tightly under wraps, star Dominic Cooper recently spilled a little info in an interview with Crave. It sounds like he will be playing a human character, and he explains how the WARCRAFT story is anchored in events that our world is facing today.
“There’s a very human story at the heart of it because there’s a few of us that are humans in it that are up against tribes and problematic issues that exist in the world that we exist in,” Cooper said. “It’s happening all over the world at the moment and you see it happening all over. People have savaged their own lands and their own environment and they’re having to find a new environment in which to move into through the hostility of others. If there’s something as poignant as that that we can relate to and that we see unfolding in everyday life, then it will make it a worthwhile story.”
WARCRAFT is just the latest video game to see a film adaptation, and given the history of such projects, the pressure is on to make this one stand out as a success. Cooper has high hopes for WARCRAFT, and believes that the script and the story will be what set this film apart from other adaptations.
"What they forget is actually you have an ability to interact with a video game and that’s why they’re so successful. So if you’re going to make a film, the pleasure in a film is to be immersed in the world in a brilliantly, even more beautiful than a video game so there’s got to be something more special about it and that ultimately comes down to storyline and content.”
We may not know a whole lot story-wise, but it does look like they will be pulling from the older, original mythology set forth in the original Warcraft games, as opposed to the expanded mythos that has served as the focus of World of Warcraft. During the BlizzCon presentation, Jones and special effects supervisor Bill Westenhofer revealed a few small details, one of which indicates that the Humans and the Orcs will be receiving pretty equal screentime and development. Says Jones (via Kotaku),
"It's about both sides. It's going to be red and blue."
No doubt, we will be hearing more details as the film goes into production in the coming months. This will be a fun one to keep an eye on.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone loved the pure joy of discovering the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!!! -- 381 total posts 380 posts
- Trailer for MUDBLOODS - Documentary About Real Life Muggle Quidditch Players! -- 233 total posts 137 posts
- International BIRDMAN Trailer Is Here!!! -- 174 total posts 46 posts
- Alex Kurtzman (as in Kurtzman and Orci) to direct the MUMMY reboot...yay?!! -- 298 total posts 36 posts
- Will Ferrell to play Russ Meyer in RUSS & ROGER GO BEYOND! -- 29 total posts 29 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 458 total posts 29 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 310 total posts 23 posts
- Disney Taking The Ol' Bait-And-Switch Route With Teaser For INTO THE WOODS! -- 117 total posts 21 posts
- Rest In Peace Makeup Legend Dick Smith -- 118 total posts 21 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 358 total posts 19 posts