Details And Concept Art For The Upcoming MARVEL EXPERIENCE!!
A WHILE BACK we first caught word of THE MARVEL EXPERIENCE, a traveling, multi-media mega-show celebrating the Marvel universe. Hero Ventures - who will be bringing us said extravaganza - has issued a press release with more details on the undertaking, and concept art illustrating the unique (portable) dome environment in which TME will unfold at various venues.
HERO VENTURES & MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT UNVEIL INNOVATIVE DOME DESIGN FOR “THE MARVEL EXPERIENCE”LAUNCHING IN 2014
First-Look Of “The Marvel Experience” 2-Acre Custom Mobile Dome Complex
Today, Hero Ventures released a first-look rendering of the highly anticipated design of The Marvel Experience domed complex set to tour the country in 2014.
Canvassing a 2-acre footprint of more than 80,000 square feet, this state-of-the-art, custom built multi-Dome complex will represent the first time a venue of this type, size and scope will be utilized for a mobile tour. From the outside, The Marvel Experience resembles a temporary S.H.I.E.L.D. installation or “Mobile Command Center,” with the facility’s apex towering more than six stories high. Inside, a maze of connected Domes will lead guests through an array of interactive games and original animated short films including the first- ever traveling motion-based ride, where guests become immersed in this original adventure only found in The Marvel Experience. This unique, themed entertainment experience is scheduled to visit select US and Canadian markets for weeks at a time in each city and is designed to engage audiences through compelling family entertainment with a production value consistent with the iconic nature of the Marvel Super Heroes.
The touring experience was designed in concert with a team of industry renowned all-stars and award winners including one of the motion picture industry’s most noted concept artists, Aaron Sims, who art directed the illustration. Sims, who will also be offering up his unparalleled vision for the Tour’s character and environment animation is no stranger to the Marvel Universe. He has brought Marvel characters to life through his work on numerous feature films including, Marvel’s The Incredible Hulk, Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man, and Fox’s X-Men: First Class. Sims is one of the Industry’s most prolific special effects artists having worked with Steven Spielberg on A.I.and War of the Worlds, Michael Bay’s Transformers and many other visually spectacular films.
“The Marvel Experience and our innovative Dome environment is the future of themed entertainment. Aaron and our entire team have done a masterful job in setting the table for us with their magnificent designs and creativity for this dynamic experience,” said Rick Licht, Hero Ventures’ CEO. Executive Producer Michael Cohl added, “This Marvel experience employs new technology and new concepts that we think will make this one of the most exciting shows ever produced. It will be a truly unique experience.”
“The Domes are central to the singular story line that pulses through The Marvel Experience and are enhanced by state-of-the-art design applications and graphic elements,” said Doug Schaer, COO of Hero Ventures. “The interior will feature an exaggerated comic-style utilizing projected high-tech imagery, amazing fabricated set pieces and virtual simulations to advance the story. Our guests will be interacting directly with multiple Marvel Super Heroes, as well as members of S.H.I.E.L.D., as they take their place in the Marvel Universe”.
“We are excited to collaborate with Hero Ventures to bring our millions of Marvel fans an exciting new way to interact with and experience their favorite characters, in a never-before- seen environment,” said Marvel’s Sean Haran, Vice President of Business Development. “Hero Ventures brings a refreshing and magical approach to showcase our characters in a way that is sure to be a thrilling and unforgettable experience in a uniquely iconic venue.”
THE MARVEL EXPERIENCE site is up and running HERE. I never got to see the BATMAN LIVE ARENA SPECTACULAR because its plug was pulled before the show made it to my region. A shame, as I understand it was rather well done. Hopefully, MARVEL EXPERIENCE will fare better - as it sounds kinda awesome, and I can't wait.
Below, the aforementioned concept art...
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 164 total posts 36 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 122 total posts 13 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 115 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 170 total posts 5 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 162 total posts 3 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- AICN Tabletop: Abstruse Reports On GenCon 2014! -- 14 total posts 2 posts
- BIG BROTHER Eviction Nine!! RECTIFY & ROOKIE BLUE Finales!! New GARFUNKLE, JESUS, NAKED, QUEST, WORST, MARRIED, MYTHBUSTERS, RUSH, RECTIFY, DOOMSDAY, DEFIANCE, SWEDEN, SATISFACTION, ENGELS, GAME, BOO BOO, BAD, BIBLE!! Bunnymen On LETTERMAN!! Rehearsals On CONAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 2 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 163 total posts 2 posts
- Jeremy Receives His Marching Orders From Combat Carl Weathers For TOY STORY OF TERROR! -- 25 total posts 1 post