Details And Concept Art For The Upcoming MARVEL EXPERIENCE!!
A WHILE BACK we first caught word of THE MARVEL EXPERIENCE, a traveling, multi-media mega-show celebrating the Marvel universe. Hero Ventures - who will be bringing us said extravaganza - has issued a press release with more details on the undertaking, and concept art illustrating the unique (portable) dome environment in which TME will unfold at various venues.
HERO VENTURES & MARVEL ENTERTAINMENT UNVEIL INNOVATIVE DOME DESIGN FOR “THE MARVEL EXPERIENCE”LAUNCHING IN 2014
First-Look Of “The Marvel Experience” 2-Acre Custom Mobile Dome Complex
Today, Hero Ventures released a first-look rendering of the highly anticipated design of The Marvel Experience domed complex set to tour the country in 2014.
Canvassing a 2-acre footprint of more than 80,000 square feet, this state-of-the-art, custom built multi-Dome complex will represent the first time a venue of this type, size and scope will be utilized for a mobile tour. From the outside, The Marvel Experience resembles a temporary S.H.I.E.L.D. installation or “Mobile Command Center,” with the facility’s apex towering more than six stories high. Inside, a maze of connected Domes will lead guests through an array of interactive games and original animated short films including the first- ever traveling motion-based ride, where guests become immersed in this original adventure only found in The Marvel Experience. This unique, themed entertainment experience is scheduled to visit select US and Canadian markets for weeks at a time in each city and is designed to engage audiences through compelling family entertainment with a production value consistent with the iconic nature of the Marvel Super Heroes.
The touring experience was designed in concert with a team of industry renowned all-stars and award winners including one of the motion picture industry’s most noted concept artists, Aaron Sims, who art directed the illustration. Sims, who will also be offering up his unparalleled vision for the Tour’s character and environment animation is no stranger to the Marvel Universe. He has brought Marvel characters to life through his work on numerous feature films including, Marvel’s The Incredible Hulk, Sony’s The Amazing Spider-Man, and Fox’s X-Men: First Class. Sims is one of the Industry’s most prolific special effects artists having worked with Steven Spielberg on A.I.and War of the Worlds, Michael Bay’s Transformers and many other visually spectacular films.
“The Marvel Experience and our innovative Dome environment is the future of themed entertainment. Aaron and our entire team have done a masterful job in setting the table for us with their magnificent designs and creativity for this dynamic experience,” said Rick Licht, Hero Ventures’ CEO. Executive Producer Michael Cohl added, “This Marvel experience employs new technology and new concepts that we think will make this one of the most exciting shows ever produced. It will be a truly unique experience.”
“The Domes are central to the singular story line that pulses through The Marvel Experience and are enhanced by state-of-the-art design applications and graphic elements,” said Doug Schaer, COO of Hero Ventures. “The interior will feature an exaggerated comic-style utilizing projected high-tech imagery, amazing fabricated set pieces and virtual simulations to advance the story. Our guests will be interacting directly with multiple Marvel Super Heroes, as well as members of S.H.I.E.L.D., as they take their place in the Marvel Universe”.
“We are excited to collaborate with Hero Ventures to bring our millions of Marvel fans an exciting new way to interact with and experience their favorite characters, in a never-before- seen environment,” said Marvel’s Sean Haran, Vice President of Business Development. “Hero Ventures brings a refreshing and magical approach to showcase our characters in a way that is sure to be a thrilling and unforgettable experience in a uniquely iconic venue.”
THE MARVEL EXPERIENCE site is up and running HERE. I never got to see the BATMAN LIVE ARENA SPECTACULAR because its plug was pulled before the show made it to my region. A shame, as I understand it was rather well done. Hopefully, MARVEL EXPERIENCE will fare better - as it sounds kinda awesome, and I can't wait.
Below, the aforementioned concept art...
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 189 total posts 185 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 146 total posts 146 posts
- See Luke Evans' Kinect Bats In This New DRACULA UNTOLD Trailer!! -- 106 total posts 106 posts
- This New Trailer For MONSTERS: DARK CONTINENT Is Looking Promising!! -- 105 total posts 105 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 751 total posts 37 posts
- New Red-Band Trailer For ABCs OF DEATH 2 Ain't Fucking Around! -- 24 total posts 24 posts
- Russell Crowe and Ryan Gosling to bust some heads as Shane Black's NICE GUYS in July 2016! -- 22 total posts 22 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- Guillermo del Toro and Legendary Teaming Up with YouTube for Halloween Short Films Project! -- 21 total posts 21 posts