You should probably reconsider before you take Bruce Willis CAPTIVE!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
A few years back, there was a project called CAPTIVE that Arnold Schwarzenegger was circling. Now, the movie is gearing up to shoot in March, and it looks like Bruce Willis is the guy lined up to replace him.
Simon Brand (no relation to Russell) will be helming the film, which will have Bruce playing a guy who is mistaken for a wealthy real estate magnate and is kidnapped for ransom. Stuck in the back of an armored truck and with no way of paying off his abductors, he has nothing but his wits, his tenacity, and very little leg-room to help him escape and exact justice on those responsible. Sounds awesome.
Brand directed a movie called UNKNOWN that used a single set very economically, and made it into a captivating (heh) thriller with strong pacing and intense character moments. I love the idea of him taking Bruce's assault rifles and wiseass omnipotence away from him, and putting him in a truly fucked situation. Done right, it could be the Bruce Willis action-movie version of ALL IS LOST. Done wrong, well…I don't want to think about something that sounds this cool going wrong.
What do you guys think? Does the idea of a stripped-down Bruce Willis thriller sound more appealing than DIE HARD 6?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 294 total posts 158 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 269 total posts 54 posts
- A New Poster Of Angelina Jolie As MALEFICENT!! -- 53 total posts 53 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 131 total posts 53 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 60 total posts 22 posts
- New BATES, BONES, BEAST, BRAIN, BEING, BELIEVE, BITTEN!! BACHELOR & BEAST Finales!! MOTHER, MOLLY, MORTY, MAYNE, KILL, VOICE, DALLAS, SWITCHED, FOSTERS, ROADSHOW, INTELLIGENCE, STARCROSSED, FOLLOWING, WOLF, RAW, & LOST GIRL!! The Return Of THE PEOPLE’S COUCH!! Emily Mortimer On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 17 total posts 17 posts
- 'We Mustn’t Disappoint Father!!' Check Out The Size Of Dany’s Dragons In The Latest Trailer For GAME OF THRONES Season Four!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard's Oscar Sunday: MANHATTAN MELODRAMA (1934) -- 14 total posts 14 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 314 total posts 13 posts
- Quint thinks Nick Stoller's NEIGHBORS is heartfelt, hysterical and all kinds of messed up! SXSW 2014! -- 10 total posts 10 posts