The POINT BREAK Remake Finds Its Bodhi!!
Gerard Butler, who was almost Snake Plissken in an ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake which didn’t need to happen, will offer his take on a role made incredibly memorable by Patrick Swayze in 1991’s POINT BREAK.
In the upcoming, Kurt Wimmer scripted remake of that film…
Butler will play Bodhi, an expert extreme-sports athlete who seeks nirvana through the conquest of a series of athletic feats such as surfing 100-foot waves. He saves Johnny Utah, the undercover FBI agent, and brings him into the fold of international criminals. The part of Utah is not cast yet.
…says THIS piece in THR.
Scripter Wimmer is not a new visitor to the the Remake-O-Matic, having previously served as a writer on John McTiernan’s rather good 1991 take on THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR, and Len Wiseman’s rather ungood TOTAL REMAKE rehash in 2012.
The POINT BREAK revisitation will be helmed by Ericson Core, a DP turned director who brought us the Mark Wahlberg football drama INVINCIBLE back in 2006 (which he also shot). His DP credits encompass an impressive array of titles, including PAYBACK and the first FAST AND THE FURIOUS film. Ericson Core is, by the way, a badass name.
While Butler never got to play Snake Plissken, his brutal, uncompromising, pseudo-anti-hero in last year’s OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN was a nice match. He was excellent in that impressively hard-driving and visceral film, and will soon be reprising the part in its sequel, LONDON HAS FALLEN.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- "Just another Saturday night" Marv and company are back in the first trailer for SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR!! -- 151 total posts 9 posts
- Nordling Reviews THE GRAND BUDAPEST HOTEL! -- 11 total posts 9 posts
- SNOWPIERCER finally gets a U.S. release date in its full, un-Weinstened glory! -- 21 total posts 4 posts
- A newly remastered 4K print of THE TEXAS CHAIN SAW MASSACRE is coming just in time for its 40th anniversary!! -- 29 total posts 4 posts
- New PARKS, PARENTHOOD, PORTLANDIA, COMMUNITY, ELEMENTARY, HALF, CRAZY, MILLERS, VIKINGS, VAMPIRE, REIGN, GREY’S, SCANDAL, NERDS, IDOL, RAKE, BOO BOO, SEAGAL!! The Returns Of SUITS & WONDERLAND!! Bob Mould On LETTERMAN!! Herc’s Thursday TV Talkback!! -- 18 total posts 3 posts
- Idris Elba to voice a great, big, bloody Bengal tiger by the name of Shere Khan in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 28 total posts 2 posts
- Will the sun come out tomorrow!?! The first trailer for the remake of ANNIE is here! -- 534 total posts 2 posts
- ‘This Is Exactly What Everybody Said Was Going To Happen!!’ Promo For Oprah’s LINDSAY!! -- 15 total posts 1 post
- Yowzwa!! Here’s 4 Minutes Of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER!! -- 178 total posts 1 post
- THE RAID Redux Sets Its Director!! + A Few More Details... -- 121 total posts 1 post