PARANORMAL ACTIVITY Filmmakers Have an End Goal for the Series
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
When PARANORMAL ACTIVITY hit theaters back in 2009, we never really expected it to become the massive franchise that it is today (though, if we're bring honest, we probably weren't all that surprised when it did either). What started out as a simple (and absolutely terrifying) story has grown chapter by chapter, with each sequel adding more to the mythology behind whatever it was that was haunting Katie and Micah at night.
Without giving away any specific details, the latest installment of the series, PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES, hints at a greater plot at play, giving viewers the idea that all of these sequels might eventually be building toward something in the future, rather than just filling in the history surrounding Katie and Kristi and the entity that has followed them since childhood.
It looks like that might actually be the case. In a recent interview with Slashfilm, THE MARKED ONES director Christopher Landon revealed that they are definitely working toward a specific endpoint with the series.
We’ve always been looking ahead. I’ll say this much. There is a very specific end goal and I’m hoping we have enough time in the franchise to get there. We have a really big idea that’s at the finish line but we need time to get there. So we’re hoping the fans keep coming back and allow us to get them there.
So it sounds like there will (not surprisingly) be more films down the line, in addition to PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 5, which is due out in October. Landon (along with producers Jason Blum and Oren Peli) will likely need a few more installments to reach the end goal he is referring to.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Chats Up BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER / ED WOOD Icon (And Hollywood Royalty) Juliet Landau!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 356 total posts 329 posts
- ‘He’s Worse Than Anybody!!’ Sunday Brings HBO’s Season Finale Of TRUE DETECTIVE!! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 178 total posts 49 posts
- ‘We Got Six Bullets!!’ Sunday Brings WALKING DEAD 4.13!! -- 48 total posts 48 posts
- TERMINATOR: GENESIS to be a sequel, reboot, and prequel all at the same time!?! -- 487 total posts 33 posts
- Darker ZORRO Reboot Finds its Writer! -- 284 total posts 31 posts
- Hercules Says RESURRECTION Is Easily The Best Broadcast Pilot Of The 2013-14 Season And ABC’s Best Pilot In Years!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- Nordling's Day One Of SXSW 2014 - THE DESERT And PREMATURE! -- 25 total posts 18 posts
- Quint eats up Jon Favreau's CHEF, opening night flick of SXSW 2014! -- 43 total posts 15 posts
- Fox Renews For Next Season THE MINDY PROJECT, THE FOLLOWING, BROOKLYN NINE-NINE And NEW GIRL!! -- 66 total posts 12 posts