PARANORMAL ACTIVITY Filmmakers Have an End Goal for the Series
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
When PARANORMAL ACTIVITY hit theaters back in 2009, we never really expected it to become the massive franchise that it is today (though, if we're bring honest, we probably weren't all that surprised when it did either). What started out as a simple (and absolutely terrifying) story has grown chapter by chapter, with each sequel adding more to the mythology behind whatever it was that was haunting Katie and Micah at night.
Without giving away any specific details, the latest installment of the series, PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES, hints at a greater plot at play, giving viewers the idea that all of these sequels might eventually be building toward something in the future, rather than just filling in the history surrounding Katie and Kristi and the entity that has followed them since childhood.
It looks like that might actually be the case. In a recent interview with Slashfilm, THE MARKED ONES director Christopher Landon revealed that they are definitely working toward a specific endpoint with the series.
We’ve always been looking ahead. I’ll say this much. There is a very specific end goal and I’m hoping we have enough time in the franchise to get there. We have a really big idea that’s at the finish line but we need time to get there. So we’re hoping the fans keep coming back and allow us to get them there.
So it sounds like there will (not surprisingly) be more films down the line, in addition to PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 5, which is due out in October. Landon (along with producers Jason Blum and Oren Peli) will likely need a few more installments to reach the end goal he is referring to.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 138 total posts 8 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 343 total posts 6 posts
Learn What’s Ahead
For GAME OF THRONES!! -- 82 total posts 5 posts
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 397 total posts 5 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 73 total posts 5 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 106 total posts 5 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 13 total posts 5 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 33 total posts 4 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 68 total posts 4 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 10 total posts 3 posts