PARANORMAL ACTIVITY Filmmakers Have an End Goal for the Series
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
When PARANORMAL ACTIVITY hit theaters back in 2009, we never really expected it to become the massive franchise that it is today (though, if we're bring honest, we probably weren't all that surprised when it did either). What started out as a simple (and absolutely terrifying) story has grown chapter by chapter, with each sequel adding more to the mythology behind whatever it was that was haunting Katie and Micah at night.
Without giving away any specific details, the latest installment of the series, PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES, hints at a greater plot at play, giving viewers the idea that all of these sequels might eventually be building toward something in the future, rather than just filling in the history surrounding Katie and Kristi and the entity that has followed them since childhood.
It looks like that might actually be the case. In a recent interview with Slashfilm, THE MARKED ONES director Christopher Landon revealed that they are definitely working toward a specific endpoint with the series.
We’ve always been looking ahead. I’ll say this much. There is a very specific end goal and I’m hoping we have enough time in the franchise to get there. We have a really big idea that’s at the finish line but we need time to get there. So we’re hoping the fans keep coming back and allow us to get them there.
So it sounds like there will (not surprisingly) be more films down the line, in addition to PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 5, which is due out in October. Landon (along with producers Jason Blum and Oren Peli) will likely need a few more installments to reach the end goal he is referring to.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 529 total posts 143 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 313 total posts 135 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 100 total posts 100 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 232 total posts 87 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 81 total posts 81 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 72 total posts 72 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1499 total posts 56 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 53 total posts 53 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 84 total posts 51 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 60 total posts 50 posts