PARANORMAL ACTIVITY Filmmakers Have an End Goal for the Series
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
When PARANORMAL ACTIVITY hit theaters back in 2009, we never really expected it to become the massive franchise that it is today (though, if we're bring honest, we probably weren't all that surprised when it did either). What started out as a simple (and absolutely terrifying) story has grown chapter by chapter, with each sequel adding more to the mythology behind whatever it was that was haunting Katie and Micah at night.
Without giving away any specific details, the latest installment of the series, PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES, hints at a greater plot at play, giving viewers the idea that all of these sequels might eventually be building toward something in the future, rather than just filling in the history surrounding Katie and Kristi and the entity that has followed them since childhood.
It looks like that might actually be the case. In a recent interview with Slashfilm, THE MARKED ONES director Christopher Landon revealed that they are definitely working toward a specific endpoint with the series.
We’ve always been looking ahead. I’ll say this much. There is a very specific end goal and I’m hoping we have enough time in the franchise to get there. We have a really big idea that’s at the finish line but we need time to get there. So we’re hoping the fans keep coming back and allow us to get them there.
So it sounds like there will (not surprisingly) be more films down the line, in addition to PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 5, which is due out in October. Landon (along with producers Jason Blum and Oren Peli) will likely need a few more installments to reach the end goal he is referring to.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 76 total posts 76 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 115 total posts 38 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 517 total posts 20 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 23 total posts 5 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 13 total posts 5 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts