PARANORMAL ACTIVITY Filmmakers Have an End Goal for the Series
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
When PARANORMAL ACTIVITY hit theaters back in 2009, we never really expected it to become the massive franchise that it is today (though, if we're bring honest, we probably weren't all that surprised when it did either). What started out as a simple (and absolutely terrifying) story has grown chapter by chapter, with each sequel adding more to the mythology behind whatever it was that was haunting Katie and Micah at night.
Without giving away any specific details, the latest installment of the series, PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE MARKED ONES, hints at a greater plot at play, giving viewers the idea that all of these sequels might eventually be building toward something in the future, rather than just filling in the history surrounding Katie and Kristi and the entity that has followed them since childhood.
It looks like that might actually be the case. In a recent interview with Slashfilm, THE MARKED ONES director Christopher Landon revealed that they are definitely working toward a specific endpoint with the series.
We’ve always been looking ahead. I’ll say this much. There is a very specific end goal and I’m hoping we have enough time in the franchise to get there. We have a really big idea that’s at the finish line but we need time to get there. So we’re hoping the fans keep coming back and allow us to get them there.
So it sounds like there will (not surprisingly) be more films down the line, in addition to PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 5, which is due out in October. Landon (along with producers Jason Blum and Oren Peli) will likely need a few more installments to reach the end goal he is referring to.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of Fox's Batman-Free GOTHAM, Woody’s MAGIC IN THE MOONLIGHT, The Final Season Of BOARDWALK EMPIRE, And The Latest MARVEL, DC, STAR WARS & STAR TREK News!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 253 total posts 138 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 268 total posts 15 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 524 total posts 11 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 252 total posts 9 posts
- Amazon To Bring Back Patrick Warburton As Ben Edlund’s TICK?? -- 38 total posts 3 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 345 total posts 3 posts
- Scream and Shout: Quint is inspired by Guardians of the Galaxy to revisit BATTLE BEYOND THE STARS (1980)! -- 199 total posts 2 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 157 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 551 total posts 2 posts
- The Gathering On OUTLANDER!! Into The Dalek On DOCTOR WHO!! Monsters On BEWARE THE BATMAN!! SOLE CUSTODY On LIFETIME!! New INTRUDERS, POL, CHIMA, HILLBILLY, FLIPPING, WHEELS And OUTRAGEOUS ACTS OF SCIENCE!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 6 total posts 1 post