Our Long National Nightmare Is Over Following The End Of Phil Robertson’s 10-Day DUCK DYNASTY Hiatus!!
The Hunt Channel won't be airing cable's top reality show. Nor will The Pursuit Channel or any other Jesus-happy channel you never heard of.
Following publication of his remarks suggesting homosexuality is a sin, A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson can now breathe easy: his suspension from “Duck Dynasty” ended today -- after just 10 days!
Which is some trick, since “Duck Dynasty” wasn’t filming (or scheduled to film) over the last 10 days. In fact, the blockbuster reality series is not scheduled to resume shooting until spring.
How can one suspend someone from something he wasn’t doing in the first place?
You could call that a slap on the wrist, I guess, except there was no slap.
As a global media content company, A+E Networks’ core values are centered around creativity, inclusion and mutual respect. We believe it is a privilege for our brands to be invited into people’s home and we operate with a strong sense of integrity and deep commitment to these principals.
That is why we reacted so quickly and strongly to a recent interview with Phil Robertson. While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.” We at A+E Networks expressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold.
But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man’s views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness. These are three values that we at A+E Networks also feel strongly about.
So after discussions with the Robertson family, as well as consulting with numerous advocacy groups, A&E has decided to resume filming Duck Dynasty later this spring with the entire Robertson family.
We will also use this moment to launch a national public service campaign (PSA) promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance among all people, a message that supports our core values as a company, and the values found in Duck Dynasty. These PSAs will air across our entire portfolio.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 171 total posts 40 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 92 total posts 20 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 54 total posts 19 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 76 total posts 17 posts
- International OCULUS Poster Has Arrived! -- 11 total posts 11 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 85 total posts 9 posts
- Aliens look to Steve Martin to find them a new home planet in this extended teaser for HOME, entitled ALMOST HOME! -- 20 total posts 8 posts
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 130 total posts 8 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 73 total posts 7 posts