Our Long National Nightmare Is Over Following The End Of Phil Robertson’s 10-Day DUCK DYNASTY Hiatus!!
The Hunt Channel won't be airing cable's top reality show. Nor will The Pursuit Channel or any other Jesus-happy channel you never heard of.
Following publication of his remarks suggesting homosexuality is a sin, A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson can now breathe easy: his suspension from “Duck Dynasty” ended today -- after just 10 days!
Which is some trick, since “Duck Dynasty” wasn’t filming (or scheduled to film) over the last 10 days. In fact, the blockbuster reality series is not scheduled to resume shooting until spring.
How can one suspend someone from something he wasn’t doing in the first place?
You could call that a slap on the wrist, I guess, except there was no slap.
As a global media content company, A+E Networks’ core values are centered around creativity, inclusion and mutual respect. We believe it is a privilege for our brands to be invited into people’s home and we operate with a strong sense of integrity and deep commitment to these principals.
That is why we reacted so quickly and strongly to a recent interview with Phil Robertson. While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.” We at A+E Networks expressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold.
But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man’s views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness. These are three values that we at A+E Networks also feel strongly about.
So after discussions with the Robertson family, as well as consulting with numerous advocacy groups, A&E has decided to resume filming Duck Dynasty later this spring with the entire Robertson family.
We will also use this moment to launch a national public service campaign (PSA) promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance among all people, a message that supports our core values as a company, and the values found in Duck Dynasty. These PSAs will air across our entire portfolio.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Rumor Has It Another Character Is Returning To STAR WARS... -- 211 total posts 211 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 228 total posts 119 posts
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 246 total posts 118 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 205 total posts 40 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 178 total posts 19 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 127 total posts 17 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 36 total posts 13 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 396 total posts 10 posts
- Creepy Dolls and Satanic Cults! Full ANNABELLE Trailer is Here! -- 104 total posts 7 posts