X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST has lost a mutant!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
When X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST finally hits theaters next May, it sounds like it will be with one less mutant than originally expected. EW spoke to Bryan Singer who revealed that a major sequence involving Anna Paquin’s entire role as Rogue has been cut from the film. It was a rescue sequence that involved Magneto (Ian McKellen), Iceman (Shawn Ashmore), Professor X (Patrick Stewart), and Rogue. Singer gave these specific quotes about the sequence:
“Through the editing process, the sequence became extraneous, it’s a really good sequence and it will probably end up on the DVD so people can see it. But like many things in the editing process, it was an embarrassment of riches and it was just one of the things that had to go. Unfortunately, it was the one and only sequence Anna Paquin was in, the Rogue character was in. Even though she’s in the materials and part of the process of making the film, she won’t appear in it.”
We all knew the film was going to have trouble fitting in all of the mutants from both the original franchise and the FIRST CLASS film. So, while it is disappointing for Paquin, it does mean that Singer is really trying to focus his cut of the film. Hopefully this means it won't be as bloated and complicated as I originally thought it might be. Rogue was also never that interesting to me (just like Iceman) so it's not like the team will really feel incomplete to me.
What do you guys think? Are you sad to see Rogue go?
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 479 total posts 198 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 299 total posts 149 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 328 total posts 82 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 255 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 223 total posts 33 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 590 total posts 24 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 21 total posts 21 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 208 total posts 15 posts