Aaron Paul. Car. Chopper. Explosion. NEED FOR SPEED poster!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Above is the official theatrical one-sheet for ACT OF VALOR director Scott Waugh's upcoming video game adaptation, NEED FOR SPEED. It's a nice, somewhat minimalist number that highlights all the major selling points of the film: specifically, car chases, explosions, and the presence of Aaron Paul in a leading role. I could do without the orange tint on Paul's face, but that's just nitpicking. I'm impressed with the decision to sell this as his movie, and not merely as another FAST & FURIOUS cash-in using a video game property to justify its existence.
Although, I can't, for the life of me, imagine why they didn't want to throw Michael Keaton's name on the poster right there alongside Paul, Dominic Cooper, and Kid Cudi's (going by Scott Mescudi here). If his name was alluring enough to make it on the ROBOCOP one-sheet, why wouldn't it help the legitimacy of this flick, which lacks the supporting cast pedigree of Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Jackie Earle Haley, Jay Baruchel, and Abbie Cornish (not to mention the level of property recognition)? If nothing else, it would put the film on the radar of older (probably male) audiences, who could care less about video games or about that beanie-wearing kid from BREAKING BAD (even with his multiple Emmy wins). But alas…
Feel the NEED FOR SPEED on March 14th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 27 total posts 23 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 384 total posts 12 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 423 total posts 10 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 720 total posts 6 posts
- AICN HORROR: Dr. Karen Oughton checks out four fear-filled films from Film4 FrightFest 2014: THE LAST SHOWING! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR! THE GUEST! DOC OF THE DEAD! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 30 total posts 5 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 4 total posts 4 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 31 total posts 2 posts
- Harry may be crazy about SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR - but so may you -- 569 total posts 2 posts
- "Do you understand what it's like to be a genius?!!" Dan Harmon takes his show on the road in this trailer for HARMONTOWN! -- 19 total posts 1 post