Aaron Paul. Car. Chopper. Explosion. NEED FOR SPEED poster!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Above is the official theatrical one-sheet for ACT OF VALOR director Scott Waugh's upcoming video game adaptation, NEED FOR SPEED. It's a nice, somewhat minimalist number that highlights all the major selling points of the film: specifically, car chases, explosions, and the presence of Aaron Paul in a leading role. I could do without the orange tint on Paul's face, but that's just nitpicking. I'm impressed with the decision to sell this as his movie, and not merely as another FAST & FURIOUS cash-in using a video game property to justify its existence.
Although, I can't, for the life of me, imagine why they didn't want to throw Michael Keaton's name on the poster right there alongside Paul, Dominic Cooper, and Kid Cudi's (going by Scott Mescudi here). If his name was alluring enough to make it on the ROBOCOP one-sheet, why wouldn't it help the legitimacy of this flick, which lacks the supporting cast pedigree of Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Jackie Earle Haley, Jay Baruchel, and Abbie Cornish (not to mention the level of property recognition)? If nothing else, it would put the film on the radar of older (probably male) audiences, who could care less about video games or about that beanie-wearing kid from BREAKING BAD (even with his multiple Emmy wins). But alas…
Feel the NEED FOR SPEED on March 14th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 290 total posts 290 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 172 total posts 172 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 361 total posts 134 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 118 total posts 118 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 290 total posts 106 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 123 total posts 70 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 56 total posts 56 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 50 total posts 50 posts