Arnold Schwarzenegger's leaving no loose ends in this SABOTAGE poster!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Today, IGN premiered the poster for Arnold Schwarzenegger's upcoming David Ayer collab, SABOTAGE (formerly TEN), and two things immediately strike me.
One: that doesn't really look like Arnold at first glance. Sure, he's top-billed, and a close-look probably leads you in the right direction as to who this muscular 60-something with the 12 gauge could be, but it's not nearly as readily obvious who he is as it is in, say, this, this, or this. After THE LAST STAND and THE ESCAPE PLAN disappointed at the box-office, I guess they don't want to hinge the marketing on his presence, but he is still an international icon, and I am sure that certain members of his fanbase will see this and not even register that that's him underneath the DEA cap and safety goggles.
Two: that's a pretty stacked lineup Ayer's surrounded Arnie with. I mean, ESCAPE PLAN had Jim Caviezel, Amy Ryan, and Sam Neill running around in there, but they aren't quite as familiar with the kiddies as Sam Worthington, Terence Howard, Joe Manganiello, or even Josh Holloway (whose big-screen career has yet to fulfill the potential he showed as Sawyer on LOST). Add an Olivia Williams, a Harold Perrineau, and a Martin Donovan on top, and I get pretty revved at the idea of this cast backing Arnie up in a David Ayer-directed cop flick (one which necessitates the cast to brandish various pieces of impressive hardware).
What you guys think? Even without featuring Arnie's biceps and mug as prominently as they deserve, is this poster still eye-catching enough to keep the crowds' interest until opening weekend?
SABOTAGE is gonna set it straight, this Watergate on April 11th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 111 total posts 111 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 99 total posts 99 posts
- Li Bingbing Looks Mighty Stern In Her TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster!! -- 89 total posts 89 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 61 total posts 61 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 340 total posts 46 posts
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 60 total posts 38 posts