Arnold Schwarzenegger's leaving no loose ends in this SABOTAGE poster!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Today, IGN premiered the poster for Arnold Schwarzenegger's upcoming David Ayer collab, SABOTAGE (formerly TEN), and two things immediately strike me.
One: that doesn't really look like Arnold at first glance. Sure, he's top-billed, and a close-look probably leads you in the right direction as to who this muscular 60-something with the 12 gauge could be, but it's not nearly as readily obvious who he is as it is in, say, this, this, or this. After THE LAST STAND and THE ESCAPE PLAN disappointed at the box-office, I guess they don't want to hinge the marketing on his presence, but he is still an international icon, and I am sure that certain members of his fanbase will see this and not even register that that's him underneath the DEA cap and safety goggles.
Two: that's a pretty stacked lineup Ayer's surrounded Arnie with. I mean, ESCAPE PLAN had Jim Caviezel, Amy Ryan, and Sam Neill running around in there, but they aren't quite as familiar with the kiddies as Sam Worthington, Terence Howard, Joe Manganiello, or even Josh Holloway (whose big-screen career has yet to fulfill the potential he showed as Sawyer on LOST). Add an Olivia Williams, a Harold Perrineau, and a Martin Donovan on top, and I get pretty revved at the idea of this cast backing Arnie up in a David Ayer-directed cop flick (one which necessitates the cast to brandish various pieces of impressive hardware).
What you guys think? Even without featuring Arnie's biceps and mug as prominently as they deserve, is this poster still eye-catching enough to keep the crowds' interest until opening weekend?
SABOTAGE is gonna set it straight, this Watergate on April 11th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 164 total posts 64 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 167 total posts 30 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 112 total posts 21 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 77 total posts 21 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 423 total posts 12 posts
- Another New (And Rather Cool) INTERSTELLAR Poster!! -- 203 total posts 8 posts
- Copernicus is really pissed about the Stephen Hawking biopic THE THEORY OF EVERYTHING that he saw at TIFF -- 166 total posts 7 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 35 total posts 7 posts
- This Poster For INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 3 Is Creepy And Requires Reading!! -- 65 total posts 5 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 5 total posts 5 posts