Arnold Schwarzenegger's leaving no loose ends in this SABOTAGE poster!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Today, IGN premiered the poster for Arnold Schwarzenegger's upcoming David Ayer collab, SABOTAGE (formerly TEN), and two things immediately strike me.
One: that doesn't really look like Arnold at first glance. Sure, he's top-billed, and a close-look probably leads you in the right direction as to who this muscular 60-something with the 12 gauge could be, but it's not nearly as readily obvious who he is as it is in, say, this, this, or this. After THE LAST STAND and THE ESCAPE PLAN disappointed at the box-office, I guess they don't want to hinge the marketing on his presence, but he is still an international icon, and I am sure that certain members of his fanbase will see this and not even register that that's him underneath the DEA cap and safety goggles.
Two: that's a pretty stacked lineup Ayer's surrounded Arnie with. I mean, ESCAPE PLAN had Jim Caviezel, Amy Ryan, and Sam Neill running around in there, but they aren't quite as familiar with the kiddies as Sam Worthington, Terence Howard, Joe Manganiello, or even Josh Holloway (whose big-screen career has yet to fulfill the potential he showed as Sawyer on LOST). Add an Olivia Williams, a Harold Perrineau, and a Martin Donovan on top, and I get pretty revved at the idea of this cast backing Arnie up in a David Ayer-directed cop flick (one which necessitates the cast to brandish various pieces of impressive hardware).
What you guys think? Even without featuring Arnie's biceps and mug as prominently as they deserve, is this poster still eye-catching enough to keep the crowds' interest until opening weekend?
SABOTAGE is gonna set it straight, this Watergate on April 11th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts