New Trailer for the Super-Awesome CHEAP THRILLS!!!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Being broke sucks. It's a crap situation that many of us can sympathize with. Sometimes life just deals you a bullshit hand and you are left to deal with the fallout. But sometimes life also deals you strange opportunities.
Such is the case with CHEAP THRILLS. The directorial debut of E. L. Katz (writer of AUTOPSY), the film tells the story of Craig (the always awesome Pat Healy) - a regular guy who is down on his luck. He meets an old friend (a very beardy Ethan Embry) as he is drowning his sorrows at a bar, and the two of them serendipitously cross paths with a married couple (David Koechner and Sara Paxton) looking for some rather unorthodox evening entertainment. The couple proposes a series of increasingly strange and high-stakes dares, offering money for each task completed, begging the question "just how far would you go?"
I would never lie to you guys, so trust me when I say that this flick is one of the most awesome surprises that I've had all year. It's dark, it's twisted, it's funny and it delivers a compelling narrative that, while bizarre, examines some of the darker corners of human nature. I caught this one earlier this summer at the Seattle International Film Festival, and it scared two old ladies right out of the theater, which should be a ringing endorsement across the board.
Check out the new red band trailer below (via Yahoo). It does get a little spoiler-y, so if you're looking to go into the film totally blank, you might want to avoid the footage. CHEAP THRILLS hits theaters on March 21st.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 297 total posts 147 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 383 total posts 102 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 280 total posts 34 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 243 total posts 23 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 586 total posts 20 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 210 total posts 20 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 12 total posts 12 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 203 total posts 10 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 153 total posts 7 posts