Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But...
Although 2011’s high-end, fancy-shmancy, big screen adaptation of TINTIN suffered from the same excess and pacing challenges plaguing many a recent Spielberg movie, the film had a lot going for it in terms of artistry, kinetics, and general ‘fun’ factor. Leaving many...ready for more.
When released, the picture was said to be part of a cycle - and we were told the next installment would be directed by Peter Jackson, a producer on the first TINTIN.
Jackson recently spoke to BadTaste, and shed some light on the next TINTIN’s status. Not surprisingly, them Hobbitses seem to have gummed up the works a bit. But, perhaps, not for too much longer.
"We have every intention of doing another TINTIN movie and it’s just waiting on me now. Waiting on me to be done with these HOBBIT movies - PESKY HOBBIT movies. Get them out of the way, and then we can go back to making TINTIN.”
…says Jackson, in a brief interview which can be viewed via the embed below.
Another question I haven’t heard addressed: might any of the film’s original scripters - Steven Moffat (DOCTOR WHO / SHERLOCK), Edgar Wright, or Joe Cornish (recently debunked as the helmer of the third Abrmasverse STAR TREK feature) - be returning in any capacity? A while back, screenwriter Anthony Horowitz was said to be wrangling writing chores on the new TINTIN picture. Wonder if these delays have impacted his involvement?
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 198 total posts 173 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 158 total posts 114 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 194 total posts 51 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 558 total posts 35 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 180 total posts 23 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 111 total posts 21 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 66 total posts 10 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 356 total posts 9 posts
- REAL HISTORY OF SCIENCE FICTION Premiere!! The Return Of ORPHAN BLACK!! Hallmark’s A LESSON IN ROMANCE!! Lifetime’s A DAY LATE AND A DOLLAR SHORT!! Herc’s Saturday TV Talkback!! -- 7 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts