Peter Jackson Says Hobbitses Stalled His TINTIN Sequel - But...
Although 2011’s high-end, fancy-shmancy, big screen adaptation of TINTIN suffered from the same excess and pacing challenges plaguing many a recent Spielberg movie, the film had a lot going for it in terms of artistry, kinetics, and general ‘fun’ factor. Leaving many...ready for more.
When released, the picture was said to be part of a cycle - and we were told the next installment would be directed by Peter Jackson, a producer on the first TINTIN.
Jackson recently spoke to BadTaste, and shed some light on the next TINTIN’s status. Not surprisingly, them Hobbitses seem to have gummed up the works a bit. But, perhaps, not for too much longer.
"We have every intention of doing another TINTIN movie and it’s just waiting on me now. Waiting on me to be done with these HOBBIT movies - PESKY HOBBIT movies. Get them out of the way, and then we can go back to making TINTIN.”
…says Jackson, in a brief interview which can be viewed via the embed below.
Another question I haven’t heard addressed: might any of the film’s original scripters - Steven Moffat (DOCTOR WHO / SHERLOCK), Edgar Wright, or Joe Cornish (recently debunked as the helmer of the third Abrmasverse STAR TREK feature) - be returning in any capacity? A while back, screenwriter Anthony Horowitz was said to be wrangling writing chores on the new TINTIN picture. Wonder if these delays have impacted his involvement?
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 287 total posts 287 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 331 total posts 173 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 160 total posts 160 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 158 total posts 158 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 138 total posts 138 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 218 total posts 77 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 397 total posts 71 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 107 total posts 58 posts