Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
We just heard yesterday that Fox has set a May 2016 date for X-MEN: APOCALYPSE. We all presumed that the film would follow the AGE OF APOCALYPSE comic run from the 90’s. Obviously there would be major changes to fit it into the continuity of the new timeline established by the films but if a new report from First Showing is true, it might have very little in common with the comic storyline.
Again BIG SPOILERS below!
First Showing has talked to an insider and a second source and has revealed that following DAYS OF FUTURE PAST the post-credit scene will feature Michael Fassbender’s Magneto discovering Apocalypse and becoming possessed by him. Here is their specific description of the scene:
"...the credits bumper jumps back to the past with a young Erik Lehnsherr (Michael Fassbender) in a ramshackle house in the desert eating dinner, clearly on the run from all the authorities who want to bring him down. While using a well outside to get some water, the young Magneto sees something fall from the night sky and crash to Earth nearby. Upon inspecting the impact zone, he encounters what is described as an "alien form" who is "towering, terrifying, with a twisted metal face and dark pits for eyes." It's Apocalypse and he says, "I have crossed rivers of time to find you." Magneto asks, "Who are you?"
The alien responds, "I am your future." Suddenly Apocalypse merges with Magneto, who screams and blasts an insane amount of energy and shockwaves around him. This energy explosion levels everything around him, with a blast radius that goes for miles. As Magneto looks at what he's done, he has a realization of the power he now holds and a villainous grin begins to form before the film cuts to black."
If this is true, it changes almost everything from the comic. Apocalypse is described as an alien in the script, when he is supposed to be the very first mutant (although this might be discovered later on). The Age of Apocalypse storyline in the comics also positioned Magneto as the hero of the story, whereas this would continue to establish him as the villain of the cinematic universe.
This could be cool if done right and I like that they are going to continue to use the FIRST CLASS cast but I know a lot of comic book fans are going to be disappointed. I still really like that Marvel has all of the other film studios really planning their franchises out and building towards things.
Are you guys excited by this news? Disappointed?
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 416 total posts 30 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1471 total posts 28 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 205 total posts 27 posts
- Universal Taps Alex Kurtzman And Chris Morgan To Reboot The Studio's Classic Monsters! -- 716 total posts 25 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 166 total posts 21 posts
- Look Upon JURASSIC WORLD’s Comic Con Exclusive Poster!! -- 157 total posts 12 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 20 total posts 10 posts
- AICN COMICS Q&@: Russ Sheath talks to artist Humberto Ramos about his new sketchbook MY MARVELS: Vol 2! -- 6 total posts 6 posts
- Fox Networks Group Chairman Peter Rice: ‘I’d Love To See Another Season Of 24!!’ -- 136 total posts 5 posts
- Jake Gyllenhaal Sells Himself In Viral Teaser For Dan Gilroy's NIGHTCRAWLER! -- 46 total posts 5 posts