Carrey out, Galifianakis in for LOOMIS FARGO!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Remember that LOOMIS FARGO true-story robbery flick that was gonna star Jim Carrey as the titular character? Well, The Wrap has confirmed a rumor that's been going around for the last month that post-HANGOVER Trilogy Zach Galifianakis will be stepping in Carrey's security uniformed shoes due to a "scheduling conflict". Carrey's co-star, Owen Wilson, is still onboard the film which has the two leads squaring off after Wilson's thief gets Fargo to pull an inside job, and then cuts him out on the split.
While I was excited to see Carrey's inner loon surface once Fargo turns the tables on those who betrayed him, Galifianakis has also got the talent, the star power, and the bubbling-under-the-surface insanity to make this thing work. Imagine his chemistry with Bradley Cooper in the HANGOVERs; now imagine Cooper is a Texan wiseass who uses Galifianakis' reverence towards him against him. Sounds kinda funny, no?
NAPOLEON DYNAMITE/NACHO LIBRE's Jared Hess will direct for producer Lorne Michaels (yes, that Lorne Michaels), and the script was written by Lorne's former SNL writer Emily Spivey (who, more recently, created the Christina Applegate series UP ALL NIGHT). Love that this one is a true story. Can't wait to see a trailer.
Chime in; pissed that Carrey's out, or stoked that Galifianakis is in?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is this our first look at The Thing from Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR reboot!?! -- 133 total posts 118 posts
- "The walrus is far more evolved than any man I've ever known...present company included." Trailer for Kevin Smith's TUSK has arrived! -- 63 total posts 54 posts
- Nordling Reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 50 total posts 50 posts
- SDCC '14: James Gunn to write and direct the GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY sequel!! -- 96 total posts 44 posts
- Capone believes HERCULES does a Rock-solid job demystifying and reinforcing the myth!!! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- Capone can't decide if Luc Besson's LUCY is a dumb movie about smart people or a smart movie about dumb people. Whatever it is, he still mostly digs it!!! -- 32 total posts 32 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 268 total posts 31 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 124 total posts 28 posts
- Patrick Wilson drops out of ANT-MAN!! -- 112 total posts 24 posts
- Learn Which STAR TREK Icon Joins GAME OF THRONES Next Season!! (Hint: Not Nimoy!!) -- 20 total posts 20 posts