That Mighty Remake-O-Matic Lurches Into Gear To Bring Us...ROADHOUSE!!
I have to confess not remembering much about 1989’s ROAD HOUSE, other than it was produced by DIE HARD and LETHAL WEAPON’s Joel Silver…was…defintiely not DIE HARD or LETHAL WEAPON…and it kinda was what it was…a manly movie made in a manly way.
And utter fluff.
Even though it made ‘round 30 million in its theatrical release, apparently it did well enough in its lengthy home video afterlife to warrant a remake - which is exactly what’s happening.
Rob Cohen (the first FAST AND THE FURIOUS, xXx, DRAGONHEART) will direct from a script by Michael Stokes (is this the same Michael Stokes who wrote BABAR AND THE ADVENTURES OF BADOU and MISS SPIDER’S SUNNY PATCH FRIENDS TV shows?)
I sure did love the screen presence of Patrick Swayze, the original film’s star. Who they gonna get this time around? Is this a Statham film in the making? Dwayne Johnson?
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 245 total posts 245 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 221 total posts 221 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 179 total posts 178 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 203 total posts 119 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 114 total posts 71 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 351 total posts 56 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 220 total posts 56 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 62 total posts 50 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 107 total posts 46 posts