GAME OF THRONES’ Walder Frey Replaces John Hurt In FX’s Del Toro/Cuse Vampire Series THE STRAIN!!
David Bradley, who plays the cantankerous and unforgiving Walder Frey in “Game of Thrones,” will take on the role of Prof. Abraham Setrakian in “The Strain,” the upcoming vampire thriller based on the novels by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan.
Setrakian was played in the pilot by John Hurt.
Bradley, who is awesome, also played Hogwarts caretaker Argus Filch in the Harry Potter movies.
For immediate release
DAVID BRADLEY LANDS KEY ROLE IN THE STRAIN
Bradley to Play “Professor Abraham Setrakian”
Bradley Joins Cast Starring Corey Stoll, Mia Maestro, Sean Astin, Kevin Durand, Natalie Brown, Jonathan Hyde, Richard Sammel, Robert Maillet, Jack Kesy, Ben Hyland and Miguel Gomez
Drama Series Based on the Best-Selling Novels by Oscar® Nominee Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan Who Are Executive Producers and Co-Wrote The Pilot Which Was Directed by del Toro
Emmy® Award-Winning Writer/Producer Carlton Cuse Also Serves as Executive Producer, Showrunner and Writer
LOS ANGELES, November 21, 2013 – Acclaimed actor David Bradley has been cast in the role of “Professor Abraham Setrakian” in the FX drama series The Strain, from Academy Award® nominated filmmaker Guillermo del Toro, author Chuck Hogan and writer/producer Carlton Cuse, which is based on the best-selling vampire novel trilogy of the same title written by del Toro and Hogan.
In The Strain, “Setrakian” is a holocaust survivor who immigrated to the United States after World War II and now runs a pawn shop in Spanish Harlem. As the outbreak spreads, he may be the only one with answers – if anyone will listen. This role was previously held by John Hurt, but was recast by the producers and FX Productions.
Bradley joins an ensemble cast that features Corey Stoll, Mia Maestro, Sean Astin, Kevin Durand, Natalie Brown, Jonathan Hyde, Richard Sammel, Robert Maillet, Jack Kesy, Ben Hyland, and Miguel Gomez.
Bradley’s notable television credits include HBO’s award-winning series Game of Thrones, the BAFTA® Award-winning BBC series Doctor Who, the acclaimed drama Broadchurch, Mount Pleasant, and The Tudors. Bradley was a mainstay in the hugely successful Harry Potter movie franchise in the role of “Argus Finch.” For his work in theater, Bradley was awarded the Laurence Olivier Theater Award for Best Actor in a Supporting Role in 1991 for his performance in King Lear at the Royal National Theatre.
The Strain is a high concept thriller that tells the story of “Dr. Ephraim Goodweather” (Corey Stoll), the head of the Center for Disease Control Canary Team in New York City. He and his team are called upon to investigate a mysterious viral outbreak with hallmarks of an ancient and evil strain of vampirism. As the strain spreads, Eph, his team, and an assembly of everyday New Yorkers, wage war for the fate of humanity itself.
The Strain, which received a series order earlier this week, begins production later this month in Toronto and the series is scheduled to premiere in July of 2014 on FX.
Co-Creators, Executive Producers and Writers del Toro and Hogan co-wrote the pilot script for The Strain, which was directed by del Toro. Emmy® Award winning Writer and Producer Carlton Cuse (Lost, Bates Motel) will serve as Executive Producer/Showrunner and Writer. Gary Ungar will also serve as Executive Producer. The series is produced by FX Productions.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 106 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 512 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts