Are These Possible Titles For The MAN OF STEEL Sequel??
I‘m usually reticent to post this kind of news because…even though it’s kinda/sorta interesting…there’s still so much room for the info not to pan out.
Nonetheless, one of the more amusing elements of the upcoming MAN OF STEEL sequel… which controversially injects Henry Cavill into the mix as Batman opposite Ben Affleck’s returning Clark Kent/Superman…is: what title would the film actually have? BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN or SUPERMAN VS. BATMAN or some derivation thereof…seems…too easy? Perhaps even lazy. The matter seems to be almost as provocative as the casting of Cavill as Batman.
By way of Fusible comes this teasing glimpse at which direction the production may actually be leaning. It’s critical to note that NONE of these titles may ultimately be the one settled on by The Powers That Be, although…historically…when we see a bevy of titles registered as these recently were…one frequently does emerge as the real McCoy.
Per Fusible, domain names recently registered by WB...
...include “Man of Steel Battle the Knight”, “Man of Steel Beyond Darkness”, “Man of Steel Black of Knight”, “Man of Steel Darkness Falls”, “Man of Steel Knight Falls”, “Man of Steel Shadow of the Night”, “Man of Steel The Blackest Hour”, and “Man of Steel The Darkness Within”.
Shorter variations of the names were also registered like, “Battle the Knight”, “Black of Knight”, “Knight Falls”, and “The Blackest Hour”.
MAN OF STEEL: SHADOW OF THE NIGHT (wouldn’t that be ‘KNIGHT’?) isn’t too bad. MAN OF STEEL BLACK OF KNIGHT could work - but why not MAN OF STEEL DARK OF KNIGHT (OR DARK OF NIGHT??) Or, is that too cheesy? What do you think?
By the way: YES, I know I switched Affleck’s and Cavill’s characters around in the paragraph above. It’s too complicated an in-joke to explain - consider it a shout out to frequent Talkbackers regarding a typographical error I made in a recent post.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 209 total posts 209 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 178 total posts 178 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 198 total posts 114 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 95 total posts 95 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 109 total posts 67 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 345 total posts 50 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 211 total posts 47 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 56 total posts 44 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 100 total posts 39 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 83 total posts 34 posts