Are These Possible Titles For The MAN OF STEEL Sequel??
I‘m usually reticent to post this kind of news because…even though it’s kinda/sorta interesting…there’s still so much room for the info not to pan out.
Nonetheless, one of the more amusing elements of the upcoming MAN OF STEEL sequel… which controversially injects Henry Cavill into the mix as Batman opposite Ben Affleck’s returning Clark Kent/Superman…is: what title would the film actually have? BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN or SUPERMAN VS. BATMAN or some derivation thereof…seems…too easy? Perhaps even lazy. The matter seems to be almost as provocative as the casting of Cavill as Batman.
By way of Fusible comes this teasing glimpse at which direction the production may actually be leaning. It’s critical to note that NONE of these titles may ultimately be the one settled on by The Powers That Be, although…historically…when we see a bevy of titles registered as these recently were…one frequently does emerge as the real McCoy.
Per Fusible, domain names recently registered by WB...
...include “Man of Steel Battle the Knight”, “Man of Steel Beyond Darkness”, “Man of Steel Black of Knight”, “Man of Steel Darkness Falls”, “Man of Steel Knight Falls”, “Man of Steel Shadow of the Night”, “Man of Steel The Blackest Hour”, and “Man of Steel The Darkness Within”.
Shorter variations of the names were also registered like, “Battle the Knight”, “Black of Knight”, “Knight Falls”, and “The Blackest Hour”.
MAN OF STEEL: SHADOW OF THE NIGHT (wouldn’t that be ‘KNIGHT’?) isn’t too bad. MAN OF STEEL BLACK OF KNIGHT could work - but why not MAN OF STEEL DARK OF KNIGHT (OR DARK OF NIGHT??) Or, is that too cheesy? What do you think?
By the way: YES, I know I switched Affleck’s and Cavill’s characters around in the paragraph above. It’s too complicated an in-joke to explain - consider it a shout out to frequent Talkbackers regarding a typographical error I made in a recent post.
- Google +
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 209 total posts 49 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 91 total posts 42 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 67 total posts 22 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 50 total posts 20 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 176 total posts 17 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 507 total posts 11 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 127 total posts 8 posts
- This nifty teaser for Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO hints at some freaky stuff going on in the Amazon! -- 74 total posts 6 posts
- Trailer for IF I STAY, Starring Chloe Grace Moretz! -- 61 total posts 6 posts
- "Alright boys, it's Howdy-Doody time!" Michael C. Hall, Sam Shepard, and Don Johnson do the southern noir thing in this COLD IN JULY trailer! -- 26 total posts 4 posts