THE BEST MAN HOLIDAY To Get a Sequel!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
After THE BEST MAN HOLIDAY had an astounding weekend at the box office (grossing over $30 million domestically), it looks like the concept is officially a series. According to Deadline, Universal is currently in negotiations with director Malcolm D. Lee to write, direct and produce a third installment of the ensemble rom-com.
No word yet on whether or not cast members (which includes Taye Diggs, Morris Chestnut, Nia Long, Terrance Howard and Regina Hall) will be returning. It took 14 years for the second film to be made, so they're not exactly contractually obligated to come back for round three. So, as Deadline goes on to note, any returning stars will likely be asking for pay raises for a third go-around.
The studio will have plenty of time to sort that out though, as Lee will need to commit some time to writing the script before a future film can go into production. Though, probably not the 14 years that separated THE BEST MAN from THE BEST MAN HOLIDAY.
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of The First Jack Bauer 24 Adventure Since 2010!! Plus GAME OF THRONES, MAD MEN, HANNIBAL, AGENTS OF SHIELD, And More!! And The Return Of FX MOVIE DOWNLOAD Star Sasha Perl-Raver!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 8pm PT / 11pm ET!! -- 296 total posts 146 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 300 total posts 19 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 575 total posts 9 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 225 total posts 5 posts
- MTV Movie Awards drops an opening scene from X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST! And it rocks! -- 317 total posts 4 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 194 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 249 total posts 3 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 2 total posts 2 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 195 total posts 2 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 288 total posts 2 posts