Is Seth Rogen Bringing DC's
PREACHER Comic To AMC?
Writer-director-producer-actor Seth Rogen ("This Is The End") over the weekend began tweeting hints that he’s bringing Garth Ennis’ Vertigo title “Preacher” to the screen:
Looks like about seven of years of hard work are about to pay off. I may get to bring one of my favourite stories ever to life.
Arseface. John Wayne, The Saint of Killers.
Arseface. John Wayne and The Saint of Killers are all characters from the comic.
Badass Digest sources say AMC has already ordered a pilot for “Preacher.”
Ennis wrote a movie adaptation way back in 1998, but that version failed to find traction.
Mark Steven Johnson (“Daredevil”) was developing “Preacher” as an HBO series five years ago, but that project never got beyond the pilot stage.
"The new head of HBO felt it was just too dark and too violent and too controversial,” Johnson told the Continuum five years ago.
Dark projects “Game of Thrones” and “Boardwalk Empire,” both boasting gore, nudity, violence and incest, are both working through their fourth seasons.
The next year, Sam Mendes (“Skyfall”) reportedly tried to turn it into a movie. That didn’t happen either.
For those unfamiliar, Preacher is a DC/Vertigo comic book series about a clergyman who becomes possessed by an angel-demon creature with God-like powers.
AMC’s “The Walking Dead,” the highest-rated scripted series on television, is also based on a comic book.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 139 total posts 16 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 175 total posts 14 posts
- Is a New TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE Film in the Works? -- 39 total posts 10 posts
- NBC Hires A PILF To Play Peter Pan Opposite Walken’s Captain Hook!! -- 25 total posts 9 posts
- New Images Invite You INTO THE WOODS! -- 44 total posts 6 posts