Updated with new details! Who is ready for IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE 2: THE REST OF THE STORY!?!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
UPDATE: Maybe there is a god because some additional details that many of us overlooked have come to light about this supposed sequel to IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. The great film critic, Lou Lumenick put this into some context for us.
Don't worry, IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE sequel not gonna happen. Rights hopelessly tangled, as those behind 1980s Broadway musical discovered.— Lou Lumenick (@LouLumenick) November 18, 2013
WONDERFUL LIFE sequel producer "checked on the rights, which were in the public domain,'' per @THR. Guessed nobody asked Paramount.— Lou Lumenick (@LouLumenick) November 18, 2013
So right now it is a little confusing in regards to who holds the rights to IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE. The production company that is behind this, Star Partners, hasn't funded or made a film since RAIN MAN in 1988. So hopefully this is all just a pipe dream of a couple of nutjobs and this thing won't go anywhere.
The original story follows:
What a crappy way to start off the week. It was announced today by Variety that a sequel to Frank Capra’s classic, IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE is being made next year for release in 2015. Titled, IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE: THE REST OF THE STORY, it will focus on George Bailey’s asshole grandson who is visited by an angel (played by the original film’s Karolyn Grimes) who shows him how much better everyone else would be if he never existed.
Bob Farnsworth and Martha Bolton have written the screenplay and according to Farnsworth, “The storyline of the new film retains the spirit of the original – every life is important as long as you have friends.”
It sounds like the same message will be given in this new film, only without Jimmy Stewart and Frank Capra. I know there are a lot of cheap cash grabs in Hollywood but this might be the worst one yet. I just don’t get the creative point of this project. Where did this come from? How is it getting a $25 - $35 million budget? Where is your god now?
I think that clip pretty much sums up all of our opinions and feelings regarding this news.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts