AMC’s THE KILLING Unkilled Again!! A Fourth Season Will Stream On Netflix!!
AMC’s “The Killing” was cancelled after its second season, then unexpected revived for a third. After season three aired this year, AMC cancelled it again.
But now the serialized Seattle cop hourlong has been uncancelled a second time! Netflix will stream a six-hour fourth season!
Netflix is billing it as a “final” season, but of course we’ve heard that one before.
Netflix Orders Final Season of "The Killing," from Fox Television Studios, Exclusively for Its Streaming Members in Netflix Territories
Six-Episode Limited Series will Mark Last Season of Acclaimed Drama
Beverly Hills, CA - November 15, 2013 - Netflix has ordered a fourth and final limited season that will serve as a conclusion for "The Killing," exclusively for its over 40 million members worldwide. The 6-episode series finale, from Fox Television Studios (FTVS), will be available only to Netflix streaming members to watch instantly in all Netflix territories.
"The rich, serialized storytelling in 'The Killing' thrives on Netflix, and we believe that it is only fitting to give Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder a proper send off," said Cindy Holland, vice president of original content for Netflix. "We are looking forward to offering fans - both existing and new - a series that we know is perfectly suited for on-demand viewing."
David Madden, president, Fox Television Studios, commented, "It's a true testament to 'The Killing' creator Veena Sud, and the stellar cast led so compellingly by Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman, that fans remained so passionate about the show. We're gratified that our partners at Netflix recognized this, and are giving us the opportunity to complete the story in a way that will be satisfying to our loyal audience."
The first three seasons of "The Killing" are now available to stream globally on Netflix.
Based on the Danish series Forbrydelsen, "The Killing" follows various murder investigations led by homicide detectives "Sarah Linden" (Mireille Enos) and "Stephen Holder" (Joel Kinnaman). Seasons one and two chronicled the "Rosie Larsen case," with Linden and Holder investigating the murder of a teenage girl. Picking up one year after the close of that investigation, season three followed the detectives on their search for a runaway girl, leading them to discover a gruesome string of murders that connected to a previous investigation by Linden.
"The Killing" is created and executive-produced by Veena Sud. Mikkel Bondesen is executive producer for Fabrik Entertainment. Kristen Campo also serves as co-executive producer for Fabrik. "The Killing" is produced by Fox Television Studios for Netflix.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Find Out How E.T. Nearly Killed Video Games In Trailer For Zak Penn's Documentary, ATARI: GAME OVER! -- 342 total posts 214 posts
- New Trailer For Christopher Nolan's INTERSTELLAR Is Here! Let's Light This Candle! -- 160 total posts 160 posts
- Trailer for NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 3...yeah, you're welcome! -- 111 total posts 111 posts
- First Poster for THE HATEFUL EIGHT Arrives, Confirming 2015 Release! -- 95 total posts 95 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 304 total posts 93 posts
- Jeremy Talks GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, ANT-MAN And Comic Con With Kevin Feige! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 574 total posts 52 posts
- International Trailer and Clip for Australian Horror Film THE BABADOOK! -- 65 total posts 52 posts
- Red Band Trailer for THE DEAD 2: INDIA! -- 47 total posts 34 posts
- "Welcome to the Glade." New trailer for THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 50 total posts 31 posts