AMC’s THE KILLING Unkilled Again!! A Fourth Season Will Stream On Netflix!!
AMC’s “The Killing” was cancelled after its second season, then unexpected revived for a third. After season three aired this year, AMC cancelled it again.
But now the serialized Seattle cop hourlong has been uncancelled a second time! Netflix will stream a six-hour fourth season!
Netflix is billing it as a “final” season, but of course we’ve heard that one before.
Netflix Orders Final Season of "The Killing," from Fox Television Studios, Exclusively for Its Streaming Members in Netflix Territories
Six-Episode Limited Series will Mark Last Season of Acclaimed Drama
Beverly Hills, CA - November 15, 2013 - Netflix has ordered a fourth and final limited season that will serve as a conclusion for "The Killing," exclusively for its over 40 million members worldwide. The 6-episode series finale, from Fox Television Studios (FTVS), will be available only to Netflix streaming members to watch instantly in all Netflix territories.
"The rich, serialized storytelling in 'The Killing' thrives on Netflix, and we believe that it is only fitting to give Sarah Linden and Stephen Holder a proper send off," said Cindy Holland, vice president of original content for Netflix. "We are looking forward to offering fans - both existing and new - a series that we know is perfectly suited for on-demand viewing."
David Madden, president, Fox Television Studios, commented, "It's a true testament to 'The Killing' creator Veena Sud, and the stellar cast led so compellingly by Mireille Enos and Joel Kinnaman, that fans remained so passionate about the show. We're gratified that our partners at Netflix recognized this, and are giving us the opportunity to complete the story in a way that will be satisfying to our loyal audience."
The first three seasons of "The Killing" are now available to stream globally on Netflix.
Based on the Danish series Forbrydelsen, "The Killing" follows various murder investigations led by homicide detectives "Sarah Linden" (Mireille Enos) and "Stephen Holder" (Joel Kinnaman). Seasons one and two chronicled the "Rosie Larsen case," with Linden and Holder investigating the murder of a teenage girl. Picking up one year after the close of that investigation, season three followed the detectives on their search for a runaway girl, leading them to discover a gruesome string of murders that connected to a previous investigation by Linden.
"The Killing" is created and executive-produced by Veena Sud. Mikkel Bondesen is executive producer for Fabrik Entertainment. Kristen Campo also serves as co-executive producer for Fabrik. "The Killing" is produced by Fox Television Studios for Netflix.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 157 total posts 157 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 540 total posts 154 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 323 total posts 145 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 136 total posts 136 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 107 total posts 107 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 238 total posts 92 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1505 total posts 62 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 91 total posts 58 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 62 total posts 52 posts