The Great Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day Catch Up Has Begun!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
So, I left you guys hanging the night before Halloween with the promise of a great seasonal BTS pic for the big day. And I had a great one, too. I don't know if you heard, but a massive storm swept through Austin and I lost power that night. Found out the next day that the huge downpours caused a ton of flashflooding and the neighborhood next to mine had over 7 feet of water.
Now, I'm fine. My house is fine, but my power was off until Halloween afternoon and my internet was off all that day. The very next day I flew to California for that big Jaws Art Show and then got caught up in California travel including a planned trip to Disneyland to check out the rather sweet Nightmare Before Christmas-ification of the Haunted Mansion. The second I got back home I dove headfirst into the Holiday Gift Guide and there I have remained since, which is why I've been neglecting the poor BTS column.
I can't promise I'll make every single day this month as the Holiday Guide is incredibly demanding of my time and I'm off to London next week, but I'm gonna give it the ol' college try starting on Monday.
To carry you through the weekend I'm going to run a few BTS images below, including the rather awesome shot I was saving for October 31st.
First up comes a look inside the Universal makeup department in the early 1960s. Artist Michael Westmore can be seen amongst many Universal monster creations of the era and the years before. Thanks to Frank Woodward and the Practical Effects Group for the shot:.
Now here's another monster pic. This shot shows another angle of Harry Dean Stanton's unfortunate end in Ridley Scott's ALIEN. Thanks to Christopher Stewardson for this one.
Speaking of a famous death scene from an alternate angle, how about this one from the end of Friday the 13th. I guess technically it's not a death scene, but quit trying to pick apart my clumsy segue!!!
And finally, here's the big Halloween image I was gonna run on Halloween. Stupid rain/internet/life. Thanks to @SinCityMarv for the shot and happy belated Halloween!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Monday's pic will give you the creeps.
I've got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here for Page One and Click here for Page Two!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Hold off, Aaron Cross: Matt Damon's back as Jason Bourne! -- 119 total posts 5 posts
- Check out this MASSIVE new HOBBIT: BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES banner!! -- 159 total posts 4 posts
- Scott Glenn Joins Charlie Cox, Vincent D’Onofrio, Rosario Dawson, Elden Henson and Deborah Ann Woll For Netflix’s DAREDEVIL Series!! -- 46 total posts 3 posts
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Hires 20-Year-Old Cast Member!! -- 33 total posts 2 posts
- A New Promo For STAR WARS REBELS Brings Action And Character Intros!! -- 71 total posts 2 posts
- Looks like they got the right Mann to play Audrey Griswald in the VACATION update! -- 84 total posts 2 posts
- Behold This Slick, Energized Cliche Storm Of A Trailer For Keanu Reeves' JOHN WICK!! -- 136 total posts 1 post
- Look Upon The Bizarre, Horrible, And Possibly Awesome Insanity Of This DEAD SNOW 2 Trailer!! -- 50 total posts 1 post
- 2nd Sept 2014 PICKS & PEEKS Column: CAP 2, Pumpkinhead, Toho, Addams, Star Trek, Slashers, Comedy & Action+ -- 1754 total posts 1 post
- Here come a remake that will really make you feel old - Sony is fast tracking a remake to I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER! -- 85 total posts 1 post