The Great Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day Catch Up Has Begun!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
So, I left you guys hanging the night before Halloween with the promise of a great seasonal BTS pic for the big day. And I had a great one, too. I don't know if you heard, but a massive storm swept through Austin and I lost power that night. Found out the next day that the huge downpours caused a ton of flashflooding and the neighborhood next to mine had over 7 feet of water.
Now, I'm fine. My house is fine, but my power was off until Halloween afternoon and my internet was off all that day. The very next day I flew to California for that big Jaws Art Show and then got caught up in California travel including a planned trip to Disneyland to check out the rather sweet Nightmare Before Christmas-ification of the Haunted Mansion. The second I got back home I dove headfirst into the Holiday Gift Guide and there I have remained since, which is why I've been neglecting the poor BTS column.
I can't promise I'll make every single day this month as the Holiday Guide is incredibly demanding of my time and I'm off to London next week, but I'm gonna give it the ol' college try starting on Monday.
To carry you through the weekend I'm going to run a few BTS images below, including the rather awesome shot I was saving for October 31st.
First up comes a look inside the Universal makeup department in the early 1960s. Artist Michael Westmore can be seen amongst many Universal monster creations of the era and the years before. Thanks to Frank Woodward and the Practical Effects Group for the shot:.
Now here's another monster pic. This shot shows another angle of Harry Dean Stanton's unfortunate end in Ridley Scott's ALIEN. Thanks to Christopher Stewardson for this one.
Speaking of a famous death scene from an alternate angle, how about this one from the end of Friday the 13th. I guess technically it's not a death scene, but quit trying to pick apart my clumsy segue!!!
And finally, here's the big Halloween image I was gonna run on Halloween. Stupid rain/internet/life. Thanks to @SinCityMarv for the shot and happy belated Halloween!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at email@example.com.
Monday's pic will give you the creeps.
I've got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here for Page One and Click here for Page Two!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 332 total posts 267 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 237 total posts 237 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 163 total posts 102 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 97 total posts 97 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 451 total posts 95 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 296 total posts 67 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- Our first look at the main character from Pixar's INSIDE OUT! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- The first SAW returns to theaters this Halloween! -- 51 total posts 51 posts