Ridley Scott adds another project to his plate, this time about the physical conditions of football players!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
So aside from the BLADE RUNNER and PROMETHEUS sequels, not to mention the currently-shooting EXODUS, Ridley Scott has a completely empty plate, and has finally found a productive way to utilize his time. According to Deadline, Scott is also looking for "A-list writers" to hammer out the script for a project that would revolve around the long-term effects of the concussions that constantly occur to football players. Deadline cites THE INSIDER as an example of what Scott is going for.
There's no doubt that many football vets suffer from crippling mental ailments due to the practicalities of playing the game ona professional level, and it's nice to see a big name like Scott attempting to bring this subject closer to the light. I'm curious to see what big name he can lock down to write the script; you can bet your ass it won't be Cormac McCarthy (unfortunately).
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 392 total posts 52 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 77 total posts 45 posts
- Check Out This Trailer for British Sci-Fi Film THE ANOMALY! -- 24 total posts 24 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 171 total posts 23 posts
- SINISTER 2 Has Found its Director! -- 35 total posts 14 posts
- The first trailer for Clint Eastwood's JERSEY BOYS is here! -- 89 total posts 13 posts
- New Images from Richard Linklater's BOYHOOD! -- 18 total posts 12 posts
- ‘This Place Is Bullshit!!’ The 2-Minute Season-Two Trailer For Netflix’s ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK!! -- 24 total posts 11 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 219 total posts 7 posts