Ridley Scott adds another project to his plate, this time about the physical conditions of football players!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
So aside from the BLADE RUNNER and PROMETHEUS sequels, not to mention the currently-shooting EXODUS, Ridley Scott has a completely empty plate, and has finally found a productive way to utilize his time. According to Deadline, Scott is also looking for "A-list writers" to hammer out the script for a project that would revolve around the long-term effects of the concussions that constantly occur to football players. Deadline cites THE INSIDER as an example of what Scott is going for.
There's no doubt that many football vets suffer from crippling mental ailments due to the practicalities of playing the game ona professional level, and it's nice to see a big name like Scott attempting to bring this subject closer to the light. I'm curious to see what big name he can lock down to write the script; you can bet your ass it won't be Cormac McCarthy (unfortunately).
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Matthew McConaughey as Randall Flag in THE STAND?!! -- 138 total posts 10 posts
- ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Season Premiere Of DOCTOR WHO And Asks: Why Is It So Terrible?? -- 168 total posts 3 posts
- An Andrew Dominik-written, Justin Lin-directed SHAOLIN TEMPLE remake is in the works! -- 25 total posts 2 posts
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 160 total posts 1 post
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 110 total posts 1 post
- The First Official Teaser For AMERICAN HORROR STORY: FREAKSHOW!! -- 49 total posts 1 post
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 111 total posts 1 post
- Creepy Dolls and Satanic Cults! Full ANNABELLE Trailer is Here! -- 98 total posts 1 post
- "She Never Left..." Teaser Trailer for THE WOMAN IN BLACK: ANGEL OF DEATH! -- 33 total posts 1 post