Ridley Scott adds another project to his plate, this time about the physical conditions of football players!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
So aside from the BLADE RUNNER and PROMETHEUS sequels, not to mention the currently-shooting EXODUS, Ridley Scott has a completely empty plate, and has finally found a productive way to utilize his time. According to Deadline, Scott is also looking for "A-list writers" to hammer out the script for a project that would revolve around the long-term effects of the concussions that constantly occur to football players. Deadline cites THE INSIDER as an example of what Scott is going for.
There's no doubt that many football vets suffer from crippling mental ailments due to the practicalities of playing the game ona professional level, and it's nice to see a big name like Scott attempting to bring this subject closer to the light. I'm curious to see what big name he can lock down to write the script; you can bet your ass it won't be Cormac McCarthy (unfortunately).
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 287 total posts 287 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 331 total posts 173 posts
- From The Wasteland Emerges A MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Teaser Poster! -- 160 total posts 160 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 158 total posts 158 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Posters Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 138 total posts 138 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 218 total posts 77 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 397 total posts 71 posts
- Aye! The Next PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN Film Has An Official Release Date!! -- 70 total posts 70 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 60 total posts 60 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 107 total posts 58 posts