STAR WARS: EPISODE VII to be released in December 2015!!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
It's official! After a whole mess of speculation, we have confirmation via The Wrap and the official STAR WARS website that STAR WARS: EPISODE VII has been pushed back from its original Summer 2015 release date. Now, the next chapter of the stories of Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, Han Solo, Chewbacca, Lando Calrissian, C-3PO, and R2-D2 will arrive on theaters on…
December 18, 2015!!!!
This was a long-awaited move, especially on the heels of the announcement that Lawrence Kasdan and J.J. Abrams were taking over scripting duties on the new film. Devin Faraci over at Badass Digest even predicted almost to the day when the new release date would be. But it's nice to have official confirmation that they're taking a little more time than they originally allotted to make sure they stick the landing and create something worthy of the many fans who have waited over 30 years for this. Plus, they've steered clear of that massive pile-up of a summer 2015 schedule, which is a good thing for all parties involved.
It's still going to have to deal with WARCRAFT and maybe even Ron Howard's next Langdon flick, INFERNO, that very weekend, but I'm sure that one (or both) of the movies will jump ship and shift their dates. I don't care how many older audiences you think love the adventures of Robert Langdon; they'll be taking their kids (or just themselves) to a galaxy far, far away that week.
J.J. also dropped some quotes on his decision on re-writing the script with Kasdan:
“Working with Michael was a wonderful experience and I couldn’t be a bigger fan of his or adore him more, He’s a wonderful guy and was incredibly helpful in the process."
And even though they've taken principal duties on this go-around, J.J. leaves the option open for Arndt to script one of the latter two entries:
"…that doesn't preclude working with Michael again in the future. He is one of the best writers around."
So at this point, it really doesn't seem like bad blood between the two or the a lack of quality in his work that got him off the project, but genuine schedule conflicts. We'll just have to see (when WGA arbitration hits) whether his initial framework is maintained enough to earn him a credit alongside Abrams and Kasdan.
Does the knowledge that they're willing to take more time than they originally set for themselves to get this made alleviate your concerns a little?
STAR WARS: EPISODE VII will tell another story about a boy, a girl, and a universe on December 18th, 2015!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 417 total posts 80 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 165 total posts 35 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 42 total posts 34 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 62 total posts 33 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 41 total posts 32 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 59 total posts 23 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 85 total posts 17 posts
- Ron Howard will attempt to discover THE TRUTH ABOUT THE HARRY QUEBERT AFFAIR! -- 32 total posts 17 posts