The second SIN CITY movie gets a title change!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Bloody Disgusting snapped a picture of a promotional one-sheet for the sequel to SIN CITY at AFM in Santa Monica, and it reveals that they've changed the subtitle from A DAME TO KILL FOR to the less aggressive-sounding A DAME TO DIE FOR. No official word as to the reason for the change, but I'd imagine it's mostly due to Dimension worrying about the use of the word "kill", especially when presented as something worth doing for the right "dame". Like killing yourself over a chick is any more reasonable.
This is the second time in the past few months that the word "kill" was removed from a major studio flick, the first time being Tom Cruise's EDGE OF TOMORROW (formerly called ALL YOU NEED IS KILL). While I can understand why they wouldn't want an international star like Cruise associating himself with a provocation to murder people, this is fuckin' SIN CITY we're talking about here. The sex and violence are inherently implied. Not to mention that the former title was directly taken from Frank Miller's original story, and is way more relevant to its actual content.
I don't even like the way it rolls off the tongue. It even feels like sap.
Not like this has any bearing on the quality of the finished film or anything, but it's still sort of a buzz-kill from my perspective. That old title sounded thoroughly repeatable and badass.
Chime in: "bummer" or "oh, whatever"?
SIN CITY: A DAME TO DIE FOR will still be worth killing for, worth dying for, and worth going to hell for (hopefully) on August 22nd, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 115 total posts 90 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 100 total posts 56 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 168 total posts 25 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 174 total posts 17 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 62 total posts 6 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 207 total posts 4 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 24 total posts 4 posts