The second SIN CITY movie gets a title change!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Bloody Disgusting snapped a picture of a promotional one-sheet for the sequel to SIN CITY at AFM in Santa Monica, and it reveals that they've changed the subtitle from A DAME TO KILL FOR to the less aggressive-sounding A DAME TO DIE FOR. No official word as to the reason for the change, but I'd imagine it's mostly due to Dimension worrying about the use of the word "kill", especially when presented as something worth doing for the right "dame". Like killing yourself over a chick is any more reasonable.
This is the second time in the past few months that the word "kill" was removed from a major studio flick, the first time being Tom Cruise's EDGE OF TOMORROW (formerly called ALL YOU NEED IS KILL). While I can understand why they wouldn't want an international star like Cruise associating himself with a provocation to murder people, this is fuckin' SIN CITY we're talking about here. The sex and violence are inherently implied. Not to mention that the former title was directly taken from Frank Miller's original story, and is way more relevant to its actual content.
I don't even like the way it rolls off the tongue. It even feels like sap.
Not like this has any bearing on the quality of the finished film or anything, but it's still sort of a buzz-kill from my perspective. That old title sounded thoroughly repeatable and badass.
Chime in: "bummer" or "oh, whatever"?
SIN CITY: A DAME TO DIE FOR will still be worth killing for, worth dying for, and worth going to hell for (hopefully) on August 22nd, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A New And Nice Clip From Darren Aronofsky’s NOAH!! + Emma Watson Introduces A New Trailer!! -- 107 total posts 107 posts
- ‘You Are Of SHIELD??’ THOR’s Hot Pal Sif Joins AGENTS!! The Premiere Of FROM DUSK TILL DAWN!! Plus New NEW GIRL, BOY, BROOKLYN, BACHELOR, BAD GIRLS, MIND GAMES, TROPHY, TOSH, ORIGINALS, GOLDBERGS, GLEE, RIZZOLI, PERCEPTION, KROLL, LIARS, COUGAR, FISHER, FIRE, CONTAINER, TEEN MOM, CAPONES & VOICE!! KING Finale!! Syfy’s MY BIG FAT GEEK WEDDING!! Lauren Cohan & Jeff Goldblum on CRAIG!! Rachel Maddow On SETH!! Ronald D. Moore On LAST CALL!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 94 total posts 94 posts
- Li Bingbing Looks Mighty Stern In Her TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION Character Poster!! -- 87 total posts 87 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 57 total posts 57 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 54 total posts 54 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 53 total posts 53 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 52 total posts 52 posts
- Harry shares Day 1 of SXSW which stars Jon Favreau's utterly delicious CHEF!!! -- 337 total posts 43 posts
- Herc Is Underwhelmed By Cuaron’s Bad Robot Pilot BELIEVE!! -- 59 total posts 37 posts
- Another Talented Filmmaker Joins The DOCTOR STRANGE Directin' Derby! -- 35 total posts 35 posts