The second SIN CITY movie gets a title change!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Bloody Disgusting snapped a picture of a promotional one-sheet for the sequel to SIN CITY at AFM in Santa Monica, and it reveals that they've changed the subtitle from A DAME TO KILL FOR to the less aggressive-sounding A DAME TO DIE FOR. No official word as to the reason for the change, but I'd imagine it's mostly due to Dimension worrying about the use of the word "kill", especially when presented as something worth doing for the right "dame". Like killing yourself over a chick is any more reasonable.
This is the second time in the past few months that the word "kill" was removed from a major studio flick, the first time being Tom Cruise's EDGE OF TOMORROW (formerly called ALL YOU NEED IS KILL). While I can understand why they wouldn't want an international star like Cruise associating himself with a provocation to murder people, this is fuckin' SIN CITY we're talking about here. The sex and violence are inherently implied. Not to mention that the former title was directly taken from Frank Miller's original story, and is way more relevant to its actual content.
I don't even like the way it rolls off the tongue. It even feels like sap.
Not like this has any bearing on the quality of the finished film or anything, but it's still sort of a buzz-kill from my perspective. That old title sounded thoroughly repeatable and badass.
Chime in: "bummer" or "oh, whatever"?
SIN CITY: A DAME TO DIE FOR will still be worth killing for, worth dying for, and worth going to hell for (hopefully) on August 22nd, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 229 total posts 219 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 138 total posts 32 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 72 total posts 20 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 45 total posts 19 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 234 total posts 12 posts
- David Fincher wants more money to do his JOBS! -- 177 total posts 12 posts
- MAGIC MIKE XXL gets a release date! -- 21 total posts 9 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 24 total posts 8 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 110 total posts 7 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 65 total posts 6 posts