Michael Caine to tend to Samuel L. Jackson's needs in HARRY AND THE BUTLER!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Ever wanted to see Samuel L. Jackson square off with Michael Caine? Well, now you can! According to THR, the two elderly pros are going to star together in NIGHTS IN RODANTE director George C. Wolfe's HARRY AND THE BUTLER. Caine will be playing the butler of the title, who is hired by Jackson's Harry when he finds himself inheriting a large amount of cash and decides to live just a little more luxuriously. AMISTAD vets Anthony Hopkins and Morgan Freeman were originally lined up to star in the main roles, but I can't say that the final combo doesn't sound more intriguing. The script, which is loosely based on an Academy Award-nominated 1962 movie from Denmark, was written by Damian F. Slattery, whose lone screen credit is on a 22-year-old Danish film entitled A DAY IN OCTOBER starring D.B. Sweeney.
Did anyone see THE SUNSET LIMITED? It was an HBO movie directed by Tommy Lee Jones and written by Cormac McCarthy that was comprised, simply, of Jones and Jackson in an apartment and having a long, intense discussion. Some critics found it tiresome; I thought it was riveting. If this film was just a collection of two-hander scenes with Jackson and Caine bickering around a house, I'm sure that would suffice, but I'm thinking that this film might delve into some issues of race and class that the two veterans could evoke perfectly. I mean, doesn't the idea of Samuel L. Jackson barking orders to Michael Caine while he begrudgingly obeys sound like awesome cinema?
They're aiming for a Spring '14 start date, so don't be surprised if you start hearing Academy/Festival award rumblings for the two iconic actors sometime in 2015.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 373 total posts 363 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 169 total posts 63 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 63 total posts 47 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 266 total posts 44 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 65 total posts 39 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 87 total posts 35 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 87 total posts 28 posts
- Prestige Worldwide will reunite as Will Ferrell, John C. Reilly, and Adam McKay will re-team on BORDER GUARDS! -- 42 total posts 20 posts
- 3rd week of April 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: Welles,Wilder,Svankmajer, Mann,Jeong, Sirk,Trier & more!!! -- 120 total posts 17 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 17 total posts 17 posts