Dwayne Johnson to Star in and Produce SEAL TEAM 666!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Dwayne Johnson has been a busy guy lately. THE FAST & THE FURIOUS movies, G.I. JOE: RETALIATION, PAIN & GAIN, the upcoming HERCULES...he just never seems to stop. Nor is he looking to, anytime soon. THR reports that The Rock has signed on to MGM's SEAL TEAM 666, which sounds like sort of a mashup between a military action flick and GHOSTBUSTERS.
The film, penned by Evan Spiliotopoulos (HERCULES) is based on the book by Weston Ochse. It will follow a group of highly-trained Navy SEALS who specialize in the the elimination of demons and other supernatural forces.
Here's the book's synopsis, via Amazon:
Weston Ochse's SEAL Team 666 follows Cadet Jack Walker. Halfway through SEAL training, he's still green but showing incredible promise when he's whisked away to join four SEALs—and their dog—for a special ops mission. Walker soon finds himself in a whirlwind of otherworldly creatures and events as he finds out the true nature of this “special ops” team: SEAL Team 666. Battling demons, possessed humans, mass-murdering cults, and evil in its most dark and primeval form, SEAL Team 666 has their work cut out for them. And it’s not long before they realize that the threat isn’t just directed against the U.S.—an ancient and deadly cult has bigger plans, and Walker is at the center of a supernatural conflict with the entire world at stake.
The Rock will also be producing the film, which currently doesn't have a director attached. Johnson is no stranger to soldiers, on or off screen, so he's got that part of the story covered. He faced down alien creatures in DOOM as well as the forces of Cobra in the G.I JOE series, and, thanks to a Navy SEAL cousin, tweeted news of the death of Osama Bin Laden before the information was officially released. The supernatural element is a bit of new ground for him though, which could be interesting, and it sounds like the story has the potential to be a fun action flick, if done right.
What do you guys think?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 50 total posts 25 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 534 total posts 11 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 51 total posts 7 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 163 total posts 6 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 349 total posts 2 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 145 total posts 2 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 22 total posts 2 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 204 total posts 1 post
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 6 total posts 1 post
THE LATE SHOW WITH
1993-2015 -- 425 total posts 1 post