Dwayne Johnson to Star in and Produce SEAL TEAM 666!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Dwayne Johnson has been a busy guy lately. THE FAST & THE FURIOUS movies, G.I. JOE: RETALIATION, PAIN & GAIN, the upcoming HERCULES...he just never seems to stop. Nor is he looking to, anytime soon. THR reports that The Rock has signed on to MGM's SEAL TEAM 666, which sounds like sort of a mashup between a military action flick and GHOSTBUSTERS.
The film, penned by Evan Spiliotopoulos (HERCULES) is based on the book by Weston Ochse. It will follow a group of highly-trained Navy SEALS who specialize in the the elimination of demons and other supernatural forces.
Here's the book's synopsis, via Amazon:
Weston Ochse's SEAL Team 666 follows Cadet Jack Walker. Halfway through SEAL training, he's still green but showing incredible promise when he's whisked away to join four SEALs—and their dog—for a special ops mission. Walker soon finds himself in a whirlwind of otherworldly creatures and events as he finds out the true nature of this “special ops” team: SEAL Team 666. Battling demons, possessed humans, mass-murdering cults, and evil in its most dark and primeval form, SEAL Team 666 has their work cut out for them. And it’s not long before they realize that the threat isn’t just directed against the U.S.—an ancient and deadly cult has bigger plans, and Walker is at the center of a supernatural conflict with the entire world at stake.
The Rock will also be producing the film, which currently doesn't have a director attached. Johnson is no stranger to soldiers, on or off screen, so he's got that part of the story covered. He faced down alien creatures in DOOM as well as the forces of Cobra in the G.I JOE series, and, thanks to a Navy SEAL cousin, tweeted news of the death of Osama Bin Laden before the information was officially released. The supernatural element is a bit of new ground for him though, which could be interesting, and it sounds like the story has the potential to be a fun action flick, if done right.
What do you guys think?
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 148 total posts 18 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 352 total posts 15 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 82 total posts 14 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 42 total posts 13 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 20 total posts 12 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 19 total posts 10 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 111 total posts 10 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 30 total posts 8 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 71 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 13 total posts 6 posts