This Is Not A Good Time!!’
Hercules Loves Loves LOVES Nelson Van Alden’s Return To BOARDWALK EMPIRE!!
Boardwalk Empire 4.9 FAQ
What’s it called?
“Marriage and Hunting.”
Teleplay is credited to David Matthews & Jennifer Ames & Steve Turner.
What says HBO?
“Nucky (Steve Buscemi) refuses to back Chalky (Michael Kenneth Williams) in his conflict with Narcisse (Jeffrey Wright). Julia (Wrenn Schmidt) considers her options after Gillian (Gretchen Mol) makes her custody case in court. In Cicero, Van Alden (Michael Shannon) stands up to Capone (Stephen Graham) and comes clean to O’Banion (Arron Shiver). Rothstein (Michael Stuhlbarg) looks to trade an insurance benefit for a cash infusion.”
Van Alden stands up to Capone?? Is it just George Mueller version standing up, or is the real Van Alden back?
Capone this week glimpses Van Alden’s true face. And others glimpse more than that.
What’s doing with our favorite new character, FBI swine James Tolliver/Warren Knox?
Tolliver is wholly absent, but is a key component of the first scene of next week’s episode.
What’s Up With Nephew Willie?
He is fleetingly referenced but unseen.
Does Gillian get her grandson back because she’s kicked heroin?
Not this week.
Any reference to Eddie Kessler this week?
Any sign of Esther Randolph, George Remus, Gaston Bullock Means or Andrew Mellon?
Does Margaret abet Arnold this week?
Kelly Macdonald sits out tonight but returns next week.
Anything happening with Lansky and/or Luciano?
Not this week. Lots of Lansky next week.
Do we see the bottom half of Willie’s hot girlfriend?
We do not.
How does it start?
With Van Alden beneath a sink as a nearby child wails.
The big news?
This week’s Rothstein component is a lot more compelling than it sounds in the logline.
What else is HBO not telling us?
It’s a big episode for The Phantom Richard Harrow.
“Is that really a meaningful distinction?” “What’s wrong with Tarzan here?” “It is ceremonial as far as I know.” “So are you.” “I warned you to stop.” “Not half-a-million integral.” “I’m saying yes.” “Perhaps Mr. Purnsley can attend to it?” “It was the right hand of the Lord.” “I used to believe in God. But now I don’t believe in anything at all.” “Take off your nightgown.” Mrs. Mueller. Daughter Maitland’s new look. Michael Shannon as Nelson Van Alden.
What’s not so good?
After tonight? Only three episodes left until 2014.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
Sally Wheet cuddles a shotgun.
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who has been offered the directing gig on Legendary's SKULL ISLAND!?! -- 191 total posts 167 posts
- KILL BILL: THE WHOLE BLOODY AFFAIR to get a limited theatrical release in 2015?! -- 236 total posts 132 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES Trailer Has Arrived! -- 510 total posts 120 posts
- 5th Week of July 2014's PICKS & PEEKS: LYNCH - HERZOG - JAA - ARONOFSKY - KASDAN - WOODSTOCK!!! -- 108 total posts 108 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 686 total posts 84 posts
- George R.R. Martin Scales Back HBO Activity To Focus On Completing WINDS OF WINTER!! -- 110 total posts 64 posts
- Help Robert Meyer Burnett And Mark A. Altman Kickstart A Series Revisitation Of Their Ode To Geekosity, FREE ENTERPRISE!! -- 35 total posts 34 posts
- Eva Green in Talks for Tim Burton's MISS PEREGRINE'S HOME FOR PECULIAR CHILDREN! -- 98 total posts 34 posts
- Stern's TALENT!! New DRUNK, TYRANT, NATHAN, CARTER, GEAR, STORAGE, SHIPPING, LOSS, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR & PAINS!! WIFE SWAP & DEGRASSI Finales!! Chris Pratt & Judy Greer On LETTERMAN!! Maggie Gyllenhaal & Lee Pace On SETH!! Jamie Chung On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 34 total posts 34 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 176 total posts 31 posts