Live in Chicago? Capone has reserved seats for an early screening of DELIVERY MAN, starring Vince Vaughn!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
Sometime back in March of this year, I saw a very amusing and sometimes moving Canadian (French Canadian to be totally accurate) comedy called STARBUCK, from director and co-writer Ken Scott, concerning a 40-something slacker, who can barely hold down a relationship with a woman who is ready to dump him or a job at his own family's business. A lawyer comes to visit him one day and announces that records from a sperm bank he donated to 20 years earlier has shown that he has fathered more than 500 children, nearly 150 of whom have filed a class-action lawsuit to discover his identity. He's given files on the ones that are suing him, and he clandestinely visits a few of them to see what sort of kids he has sired; in some cases he acts as an anonymous guardian angel to help the more troubled members of the extended tribe.
So know Ken Scott has adapted his own screenplay and is directing the American remake, called DELIVERY MAN, starring Vince Vaughn as the stunned donor, along with Chris Pratt, Cobie Smulders, Bobby Moynihan, and I'm guessing a couple hundred extras playing Vaughn's kids. I haven't seen the new film yet, but I know that Disney has been holding a whole lot of advance screenings in the last few weeks and is continuing to do so in the weeks leading up to its November 22 release. When a studio screens a film that much before release, that typically means they have a great deal of faith in the movie that audiences will like and talk about the film. And the fact that the studio come to me and offered me pretty much as many seats as I wanted to show the film has piqued my interest as well.
That being said, I've got about 100 reserved seats (meaning you don't have to line up hours in advance) for Ain't It Cool News readers to fill for an early screening of the film taking place Wednesday, November 6 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). Here's how to win seats…
To win, send me an email at DeliveryManChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "Life Delivers" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What's your favorite Vince Vaughn film (comedy or drama), and why?" Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). And trust me when I say, I'm going to get tired of the answer "SWINGERS" pretty quickly. The best respondents (as judged by me) win, and you'll hear from me soon if you won, so check your email!
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event winners seats will be reserved until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45 pm). The venue is deliberately overbooked to guarantee a full house for our guests. If you can't arrive by 6:45 pm, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Walt Disney Studios, DreamWorks SKG, and Touchstone Pictures for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Is DOCTOR STRANGE coming to us in July 2016?!! -- 378 total posts 182 posts
- Meet Bigfoot in this New Clip from EXISTS! -- 170 total posts 75 posts
- 3rd PICKS & PEEKS of Sept 2014: Crichton Blus, THE PARTY, Bloody Entertainment, GODZILLA 3D & More!!! -- 653 total posts 41 posts
- Here’s A Video Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII’s Millennium Falcon, Highlighting One Little Detail… -- 36 total posts 36 posts
- Capone credits Dan Stevens' performance as the key to THE GUEST being all kinds of twisted goodness!!! -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- More Details On The Upcoming And Promising ALIEN: ISOLATION Game!! 'Survivor Mode’!! -- 104 total posts 29 posts
- DESTINY ‘Raids’ Have Begun!! More Events Coming Soon!! -- 104 total posts 27 posts
- Fox, Home Of GOTHAM, Makes Pilot Commitment To Project Based On DC Comics’ LUCIFER!! -- 86 total posts 27 posts
- Are you ready for THE GHOST DIMENSION!?! The new PARANORMAL ACTIVITY film gets a title and a release date!! -- 98 total posts 23 posts
- Hercules Says The Big Mystery Is How Anybody At NBC Thought It Was A Good Idea To Greenlight THE MYSTERIES OF LAURA!! -- 37 total posts 22 posts