Michael Fassbender will ride like an outlaw to a Chemical Brothers score in TRESPASS AGAINST US!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Jesus, this Fassbender fucker gets a lot of work! Variety reports that the ubiquitous actor, who currently has THE COUNSELOR and 12 YEARS A SLAVE playing in cinemas and X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and that Terence Malick movie in the can (not to mention MACBETH and ASSASSIN'S CREED in development), is in talks to serve as the leading man in freshman director Adam Smith's TRESPASS AGAINST US. He'll be playing the patriarch of a family of criminals who, as he goes on in the years, decides he wants to go legit. I'd imagine that the 36-year-old actor might need some old-age makeup to play the father of anyone old enough to order a beer (even in the U.K., where this'll be set), but who knows. Maybe he'll just rock it out with sheer talent. As long as he plays it with a little more nuance than he gave in his maybe not-quite-Razzie-level, but still considerably over-the-top performance in 12 YEARS A SLAVE.
A really cool aspect of this production is that Smith, who's directed several music videos and a concert movie entitled DON'T THINK for The Chemical Brothers, has gotten the electronic duo to provide the soundtrack for his film. Their previous foray into film score composition, with HANNAH, was killer, so I'm expecting another awesome score for this one. Now, let's see what British actors Smith hires to support Fassbender.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 204 total posts 204 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 455 total posts 118 posts
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 102 total posts 102 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 177 total posts 47 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 75 total posts 46 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 52 total posts 44 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 55 total posts 33 posts