Michael Fassbender will ride like an outlaw to a Chemical Brothers score in TRESPASS AGAINST US!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Jesus, this Fassbender fucker gets a lot of work! Variety reports that the ubiquitous actor, who currently has THE COUNSELOR and 12 YEARS A SLAVE playing in cinemas and X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and that Terence Malick movie in the can (not to mention MACBETH and ASSASSIN'S CREED in development), is in talks to serve as the leading man in freshman director Adam Smith's TRESPASS AGAINST US. He'll be playing the patriarch of a family of criminals who, as he goes on in the years, decides he wants to go legit. I'd imagine that the 36-year-old actor might need some old-age makeup to play the father of anyone old enough to order a beer (even in the U.K., where this'll be set), but who knows. Maybe he'll just rock it out with sheer talent. As long as he plays it with a little more nuance than he gave in his maybe not-quite-Razzie-level, but still considerably over-the-top performance in 12 YEARS A SLAVE.
A really cool aspect of this production is that Smith, who's directed several music videos and a concert movie entitled DON'T THINK for The Chemical Brothers, has gotten the electronic duo to provide the soundtrack for his film. Their previous foray into film score composition, with HANNAH, was killer, so I'm expecting another awesome score for this one. Now, let's see what British actors Smith hires to support Fassbender.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 328 total posts 263 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 230 total posts 230 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 161 total posts 100 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 449 total posts 93 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 69 total posts 69 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 61 total posts 61 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 288 total posts 59 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- BIG HERO 6 Coming To Disney Infinity 2.0!! And STAR WARS!? -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- A New Poster For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE (It Has A Great Cast)!! -- 42 total posts 42 posts