Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an advance screening of THOR: THE DARK WORLD in 3-D!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
I guess I'm allowed to say at this point that I saw THOR: THE DARK WORLD a couple of weeks ago in advance of some great interviews I'll have for you next week, and I was so impressed and relieved how strong the entire film is and how well it holds together, thanks in large part to a nice balance between the action and the more personal moments (nicely done, new director Alan Taylor). It helps that Chris Eccleston is fantastic as the villainous Malekith, and more importantly Chris Hemsworth seems to wear the Thor persona so much more naturally after three films.
I'll have more to say about the film next week, but for now, I want to offer the fine mortals living in and around Chicago the chance to see THOR: THE DARK WORLD early (and in 3-D!). I've got about 100 seats to fill for an advance screening of the film taking place Tuesday, November 5 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). Here's how to win seats…
To win, send me an email at ThorChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "You Must Be Desperate" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "Since this is the first time I've been given this many seats to a Marvel Universe film since the first IRON MAN, I believe they should go to only the most worthy. So why do you deserve to come to this screening?" Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). And, no, simply having seen all of the other Marvel movies isn't a good enough reason. The most worthy respondents (as judged by me) win, and you'll hear from me soon if you won, so check your email!
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event winners seats will be reserved until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45 pm). The venue is deliberately overbooked to guarantee a full house for our guests. If you can't arrive by 6:45 pm, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Walt Disney Studios and Marvel Entertainment for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 137 total posts 94 posts
- Trailer for Gregg Araki's WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, Starring Shailene Woodley and Eva Green! -- 89 total posts 83 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 153 total posts 75 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 207 total posts 74 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- Trailer for NIGHTCRAWLER! "If it bleeds, it leads!" -- 83 total posts 39 posts
- Get A Grip On Denzel Washington’s EQUALIZER!! -- 33 total posts 33 posts
- Harry Potter spinoff FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM to be directed by someone...who's directed Harry Potter movies! -- 118 total posts 30 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 309 total posts 28 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 359 total posts 26 posts