Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an advance screening of THOR: THE DARK WORLD in 3-D!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
I guess I'm allowed to say at this point that I saw THOR: THE DARK WORLD a couple of weeks ago in advance of some great interviews I'll have for you next week, and I was so impressed and relieved how strong the entire film is and how well it holds together, thanks in large part to a nice balance between the action and the more personal moments (nicely done, new director Alan Taylor). It helps that Chris Eccleston is fantastic as the villainous Malekith, and more importantly Chris Hemsworth seems to wear the Thor persona so much more naturally after three films.
I'll have more to say about the film next week, but for now, I want to offer the fine mortals living in and around Chicago the chance to see THOR: THE DARK WORLD early (and in 3-D!). I've got about 100 seats to fill for an advance screening of the film taking place Tuesday, November 5 at 7:00pm at a theater in downtown Chicago (the exact location will only be given to the winners). Here's how to win seats…
To win, send me an email at ThorChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "You Must Be Desperate" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "Since this is the first time I've been given this many seats to a Marvel Universe film since the first IRON MAN, I believe they should go to only the most worthy. So why do you deserve to come to this screening?" Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). And, no, simply having seen all of the other Marvel movies isn't a good enough reason. The most worthy respondents (as judged by me) win, and you'll hear from me soon if you won, so check your email!
Although this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event winners seats will be reserved until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45 pm). The venue is deliberately overbooked to guarantee a full house for our guests. If you can't arrive by 6:45 pm, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Walt Disney Studios and Marvel Entertainment for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 157 total posts 157 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 540 total posts 154 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 326 total posts 148 posts
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 138 total posts 138 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 108 total posts 108 posts
- For your viewing pleasure, a 5-minute clip of Star Lord and his GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! -- 238 total posts 92 posts
- A Recently Recovered Gene Roddenberry Interview Leads To A Kickstarter About The Early Days Of STAR TREK!! -- 66 total posts 66 posts
- Could This Be The (Barebones) Plot Of STAR WARS EPISODE VII?! SPOILERS! -- 1505 total posts 62 posts
Longest. Marathon. Ever.
FXX To Air All 25 Years Of THE SIMPSONS Over 12 Days Starting Aug. 21!! -- 91 total posts 58 posts
Only Seven Episodes
Of LOUIE Next Year!! -- 62 total posts 52 posts