Fuck Olympus, what are Gerard Butler, Morgan Freeman, and Aaron Eckhart gonna do once LONDON HAS FALLEN?!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Given that OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN was a surprise hit this past March, opening at $30 million and scoring 161 mil worldwide, it's perhaps inevitable that its producers would want to DIE HARD/UNDER SIEGE it into its own franchise. Well, ScreenDaily.com has revealed that Nu Image will be shopping a sequel, entitled LONDON HAS FALLEN, to foreign buyers at American Film Market next week. Gerard Butler, Aaron Eckhart, and Morgan Freeman will reprise their roles as the heroic secret service agent, the U.S. president, and his Speaker of the House, respectively. Angela Bassett and Radha Mitchell are also expected to make return appearances. While the screenwriters of the original have also written the follow-up, I don't believe Antoine Fuqua will return to the director's chair, so don't be surprised if we hear that he's been ousted for a (cheaper?) replacement.
The plot will revolve around a terrorist plot scheduled to coincide with the funeral of the British Prime Minister, forcing the president (and his trusty Secret Service head) to once again spring into action. Also, an as-yet-uncast MI6 agent will play a central role in the proceedings. Whether they will be going more Clive Owen or Liam Hemsworth in their casting direction is yet to be seen.
I haven't seen the first film, but I heard it was a fun, if lightweight DIE HARD clone with some decent action beats. Maybe when this sequel starts coming around, I'll give OLYMPUS a shot. Who they sign to direct this thing will have a huge impact on both the quality of the film and my anticipation level for it, so keep your eyes peeled for an announcement in the coming weeks.
Now that we know this is comin', are we now to expect a WHITE HOUSE DOWN sequel next? Eh, probably not, but what would make you more excited LONDON HAS FALLEN or LONDON BRIDGE DOWN?
LONDON HAS FALLEN will start shooting next May for a 2015 release date (early Summer again? Worked once…).
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 391 total posts 381 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 119 total posts 119 posts
- ‘A Gift From The Clairvoyant!!’ Patton Oswalt Joins Joss Whedon’s AGENTS OF SHIELD!! Seinfeld On PIONEERS OF TELEVISION!! The Returns Of NEW GIRL, AWKWARD & WIFE SWAP!! The Premiere Of FARGO!! Plus New BOY, STORAGE, SCHUMER, PERSON, TOSH, NCIS, GLEE, FIRE, CONTAINER, MINDY, DUSK, ORIGINALS, SUPERNATURAL & VOICE!! TEEN MOM Finale Special!! DANCE MOMS 100!! HARDCORE PAWN Finale!! Nathan Fillion & Tatiana Maslany on CONAN!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 180 total posts 74 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- The Composer For That BATMAN / SUPERMAN Movie Is… -- 273 total posts 51 posts
- Matthew Vaughn to get SUPERIOR to stay in the Mark Millar business for Fox! -- 63 total posts 47 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 47 total posts 47 posts
- Everyone thinks Elizabeth Banks is a hooker in this red-band WALK OF SHAME trailer! -- 71 total posts 45 posts
- Jaden Smith will dress like a girl to avoid slavery in THE GOOD LORD BIRD! -- 92 total posts 40 posts
- THE SIGNAL and V/H/S co-director David Bruckner to direct the found footage FRIDAY THE 13TH reboot?! -- 92 total posts 33 posts