Matthew Vaughn's SECRET SERVICE adds a femme fatale to the cast!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Shooting is currently underway on Matthew Vaughn's adaptation of Mark Millar's SECRET SERVICE, but it seems that the production's still tacking on cast members. Deadline has announced that dancer/model Sofia Boutella has signed on to play a henchman to Samuel L. Jackson's central villain, who may or may not be Dr. James Arnold from the comics. This would be Boutella's first credit on a feature film, but she's worked on several ad campaigns for Nike (see below), as well as being a background dancer for Madonna. She's also set to appear in MONSTERS: DARK CONTINENT, the sequel to Gareth Edwards 2010 film.
Her lack of experience could be an obstacle in exuding the kind of confidence an actress needs to properly play a femme fatale, but if Vaughn sees something in her, I'm willing to give her a chance. After all, he's the guy that brought Daniel Craig, Chloe Moretz, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Charlie Cox, Zoe Kravitz, and Lyndsy Fonseca to our attention. I'm not saying she has the chops, but I am saying that Vaughn has an eye for talent, so don't be surprised if this first-timer has a presence onscreen.
What do fans of the comic think? Do you think Ms. Boutella can find a spot in Millar (and Vaughn's) world of thugs and super-spies?
SECRET SERVICE takes a bullet for you on November 14th, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 262 total posts 262 posts
- UPDATED! Has Marvel's DOCTOR STRANGE Casting Search Gone To Phoenix? -- 152 total posts 152 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 358 total posts 131 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 117 total posts 117 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 114 total posts 114 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 287 total posts 103 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 319 total posts 73 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 118 total posts 65 posts
- Sam Raimi Producing THE LAST OF US Movie! Maisie Williams In Talk To Play Ellie! -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- Footage of discarded concept art, interviews with Tim Burton and Kevin Smith, and Nicolas Cage in flight in this trailer for THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES! -- 39 total posts 39 posts