Rare and super cool alternate takes and moments from Return of the Jedi appear online!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I'm actually writing this while I sit in the Austin Municipal Courtroom with a Jury Panel #3 badge on my shirt. They're selecting the jury later today, but right now all is quiet and all the potential jurors including yours truly are in a holding pattern.
So, I figured I'd throw this pretty great Behind the Scenes stuff up, take advantage of the court's surprisingly good wifi.
The story is that a laserdisc popped up on eBay with a ton of raw footage from Return of the Jedi. The dailies were stored on this format during the making of the movie and somehow it got out into the world and the person who shelled out the big bucks for this rarity is doing geekkind a service by posting up the material via Facebook.
It might be the wifi here or it might be Facebook's awful video player, but I'm having difficulty viewing all the clips. However, I have been able to load a couple and they're fascinating. Hearing Yoda say “Look I so bad to young eyes?” instead of “Look I so old to young eyes,” for instance. That line is so ingrained in me from repeat viewings of this film as a youngster (and not so youngster) that it's frankly a bit like peeking into another dimension where an alternate version of this scene happened.
Click here to check out the Facebook page yourself or click the screencap below. There are multiple videos posted so far that include alternate takes, angles and the beginnings and ends to each take, so you can hear/see the crew actually at work before some of these iconic moments.
Since we're now all in a Star Wars mood, here's some outtakes from the original Star Wars to make your day even brighter:
How crazy is that explosion behind Harrison Ford? They weren't messing around with that first film, were they?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 685 total posts 62 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 406 total posts 40 posts
- WALKING DEAD!! BOARDWALK EMPIRE!! AGENTS OF SHIELD!! STAR WARS REBELS!! SOUTH PARK!! NEW GIRL!! HOMELAND!! GOTHAM!! FLASH!! SURVIVOR!! RESURRECTION!! PARENTHOOD!! BURGERS!! BLACKLIST!! BANG!! VOICE!! SLEEPY!! PERSON!! UTOPIA!! ANARCHY!! Z!! More Than 200 Autumn Premiere Dates!! -- 43 total posts 26 posts
- DOCTOR WHO 8.2!! ‘Kelvington’ Reviews This Weekend’s Episode And Says He’s Not Sure He Enjoys ‘What The Show Is Becoming’!! -- 360 total posts 25 posts
- A Few Promo Images From EXODUS: GODS AND KINGS Bring Ridleyish Spectacle!! -- 212 total posts 21 posts
- A New Clip From STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 15 total posts 15 posts
- Abortionist Killers On PBS!! HOUDINI Hits History!! Angie Returns To THE DOME!! New DALLAS, PARADISE, WOLF, WILD, MASTERCHEF, MODEL, NINJA, HOTEL, BEACH, & RAW!! PARTNERS & MISTRESSES Finales!! UNAUTHORIZED SAVED BY THE BELL STORY!! Annaleigh Ashford On CRAIG!! Herc’s Monday TV Talkback!! -- 13 total posts 13 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 360 total posts 13 posts
- Fantastic Fest 2014 Trailer Wave Part 2! -- 18 total posts 10 posts
- Is this what Doctor Doom looks like in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 318 total posts 9 posts