‘One Little Nod!!’
Herc Loves Tonight’s BOARDWALK EMPIRE!!
Boardwalk Empire 4.8 FAQ
What’s it called?
“The Old Ship of Zion.”
Teleplay is credited to Cristine Chambers and Howard Korder.
What says HBO?
“Nucky's shipment from Florida comes with some unexpected cargo; Eli feels the heat from the Feds when Knox uncovers new evidence of the Thompsons' escapades; Willie reconsiders his recent choices after a talk with his uncle; Chalky clashes with Narcisse over control of the Northside.”
What is the Old Ship of Zion?
A Christian hymn, written around 1889, to which the White family and Valentin Narcisse give a listen.
Does Willie join Nucky’s business this week?
I just watched this week’s promo. Is Sally Wheet Nucky’s unexpected cargo?
Yes. She “hopped in at the last minute.”
Do thing go poorly for Chalky this week?
Any reference to Eddie Kessler this week?
Does Nelson Van Alden finally return this week?
He does not.
How about Harrow?
Esther Randolph, Remus, Gaston Bullock Means or Andrew Mellon?
Rothstein and/or Margaret?
Capone, Lansky and/or Luciano?
No, no and no.
Do we see the bottom half of Willie’s hot girlfriend?
We do not.
How does it start?
“How we keeping, Miss Monroe?” Dunn Purnsley inquires. (It’s a big episode for Mr. Purnsley.)
The big news?
The tale of FBI swine James Tolliver (who poses as rookie Prohibition agent Warren Knox) advances much tonight.
What else is HBO not telling us?
We should expect more backstabbing, perhaps, than usual.
Steve Buscemi as Nucky Thompson. Knox/Tolliver generally and his Chesterfields in particular. Chalky taking care of business. Sally Wheet demonstrating that she generates a lot of interest -- and Nucky’s response. The fork. “Of course it’s just an anecdote.” “Hope that amused you, Jim.” “I’ll get on those land fraud cases right away.” “He said I could have it.” “I want to talk to that man!” “I’m just talking to a friend.”
What’s not so good?
After tonight? Only four new episodes left until 2014’s fifth season.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
“Thank you, brother.”
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- A Provocative New Trailer For THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN LIVES!! Nic Cage, Tim Burton, Kevin Smith… -- 339 total posts 339 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 214 total posts 214 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 102 total posts 102 posts
- Filed under "you're damn right it's 2014," Kevin Smith to direct Johnny Depp in YOGA HOSERS!! -- 289 total posts 99 posts
- Trailer for New Stephen King Thriller, A GOOD MARRIAGE! -- 91 total posts 83 posts
- Don't count Andy Serkis' JUNGLE BOOK out just yet! He's scored Batman, Galadriel, Moneypenny, and Smaug for his cast! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- Check out a description for the first trailer for Quentin Tarantino's THE HATEFUL EIGHT! -- 40 total posts 40 posts
- Here’s Our First Official Image From The ANT-MAN Movie!! -- 307 total posts 35 posts
- New TV Spot for OUIJA! -- 32 total posts 32 posts
- Trailer for Action-Thriller '71, Starring Jack O'Connell! -- 29 total posts 29 posts