‘One Little Nod!!’
Herc Loves Tonight’s BOARDWALK EMPIRE!!
Boardwalk Empire 4.8 FAQ
What’s it called?
“The Old Ship of Zion.”
Teleplay is credited to Cristine Chambers and Howard Korder.
What says HBO?
“Nucky's shipment from Florida comes with some unexpected cargo; Eli feels the heat from the Feds when Knox uncovers new evidence of the Thompsons' escapades; Willie reconsiders his recent choices after a talk with his uncle; Chalky clashes with Narcisse over control of the Northside.”
What is the Old Ship of Zion?
A Christian hymn, written around 1889, to which the White family and Valentin Narcisse give a listen.
Does Willie join Nucky’s business this week?
I just watched this week’s promo. Is Sally Wheet Nucky’s unexpected cargo?
Yes. She “hopped in at the last minute.”
Do thing go poorly for Chalky this week?
Any reference to Eddie Kessler this week?
Does Nelson Van Alden finally return this week?
He does not.
How about Harrow?
Esther Randolph, Remus, Gaston Bullock Means or Andrew Mellon?
Rothstein and/or Margaret?
Capone, Lansky and/or Luciano?
No, no and no.
Do we see the bottom half of Willie’s hot girlfriend?
We do not.
How does it start?
“How we keeping, Miss Monroe?” Dunn Purnsley inquires. (It’s a big episode for Mr. Purnsley.)
The big news?
The tale of FBI swine James Tolliver (who poses as rookie Prohibition agent Warren Knox) advances much tonight.
What else is HBO not telling us?
We should expect more backstabbing, perhaps, than usual.
Steve Buscemi as Nucky Thompson. Knox/Tolliver generally and his Chesterfields in particular. Chalky taking care of business. Sally Wheet demonstrating that she generates a lot of interest -- and Nucky’s response. The fork. “Of course it’s just an anecdote.” “Hope that amused you, Jim.” “I’ll get on those land fraud cases right away.” “He said I could have it.” “I want to talk to that man!” “I’m just talking to a friend.”
What’s not so good?
After tonight? Only four new episodes left until 2014’s fifth season.
How does it end, spoiler boy?
“Thank you, brother.”
9 p.m. Sunday. HBO.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The GODZILLA Sequel Has A Writer!! -- 163 total posts 163 posts
- First look at footage from Genndy Tartakovsky's POPEYE! -- 258 total posts 157 posts
- Rejoice! DEADPOOL: THE MOVIE comin' to you in February 2016!! -- 260 total posts 122 posts
- DOCTOR WHO S08E05 ‘Time Heist’ Reader Reaction Begins Now!! + HornOrSilk’s ‘Domain Of The Voord’ Big Finish Audio Review, Synopses For Upcoming S8 Eps, And More!! UPDATE RE: UPCOMING UK TIME CHANGE!! -- 111 total posts 111 posts
- Quint is surprisingly quite fond of Kevin Smith's TUSK! Fantastic Fest 2014! -- 74 total posts 74 posts
- Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR gets pushed back nearly two months, and knocks ASSASSIN'S CREED off the calendar! -- 156 total posts 65 posts
- Guy Ritchie brings a mermaid onto land to play his Guinevere in KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE: KING ARTHUR! -- 115 total posts 59 posts
- Gaze Upon the Trailer for Tim Burton's BIG EYES! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- After writing Gareth Edwards' STAR WARS flick, Gary Whitta will move on to Mark Millar's STARLIGHT! -- 42 total posts 42 posts
- Muldoon Happily Gets Lost in THE MAZE RUNNER! -- 68 total posts 40 posts