TROLL HUNTER director Andre Ovredal to make AUTOPSY OF JANE DOE his next!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
TROLL HUNTER was a stylish, inventive found-footage horror-comedy out of Norway that made an impression on many of the genre junkies that have seen it. For such a low-budget film, it has some great effects work and a genuine sense of scale, not to mention some genuinely laugh-out-loud and shocking moments. Now, Variety reports that the film's director, Andre Ovredal, is now setting his sights on a psychological horror film entitled THE AUTOPSY OF JANE DOE.
The script, which was written by Ian Goldberg (TV's TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES and ONCE UPON A TIME) and first-time writer Richard Naing, concerns a pair of father-and-son undertakers who attempt to find out what led to the death of their latest "Jane Doe" corpse. Sounds like it could be an interesting murder mystery, with some family drama thrown in there as well.
Who they cast as the central duo will be crucial to the film, but I have no doubt Ovredal will do something interesting with the premise nonetheless. If the script has the same level of deadpan black comedy as TROLL HUNTER, it should prove to be a unique, entertaining horror film.
AUTOPSY OF JANE DOE should get shooting in London this winter, and will hopefully make it to theaters by the end of next year.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 59 total posts 59 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 106 total posts 29 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 512 total posts 15 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 35 total posts 12 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts