CHRISTIAN THE LION Finds a Writer!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
You probably know this story, but here it is anyway...
Back in the '60's two friends realized one of my dreams by adopting a lion cub and raising it in their London flat. Eventually, the lion (named Christian) became too big for the space and had to be reintroduced back into the wild. A year later, the friends journeyed to the Africa to see how Christian was getting along. They found that Christian not only remembered them, but was just excited to see them as they were to see him.
And the internet went wild with tears. The video of this reunion containing footage from the 1971 documentary A LION CALLED CHRISTIAN was a massive sensation on YouTube, generating a bizmillion hits and causing viewers all over the world to instantly fall in love with the story.
Neil Moritz is producing an adaptation of Christian's story, and the project has just brought a writer on board. THR reports that J. Mills Goodloe will pen the script for CHRISTIAN THE LION. Goodloe has a number of projects currently in development, including THE AGE OF ADALINE, which will star Blake Lively, and and adaptation of the Nicholas Sparks novel The Best of Me.
It's too early to say when this project will officially begin production, but I have no doubt that when it finally hits theaters, there won't be a dry eye in the house.
If you want to kill a few minutes and have a box of tissues handy, here's the video, with all the feels. Enjoy!
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 204 total posts 204 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 455 total posts 118 posts
- Cyborg is confirmed to appear in BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN, and we know who's going to play him! -- 109 total posts 109 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 102 total posts 102 posts
- UPDATED (17:15) with image of the cast in character! Meet Jon M. Chu's JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS!! -- 68 total posts 68 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 177 total posts 47 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 75 total posts 46 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 52 total posts 44 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 44 total posts 35 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 55 total posts 33 posts