CHRISTIAN THE LION Finds a Writer!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
You probably know this story, but here it is anyway...
Back in the '60's two friends realized one of my dreams by adopting a lion cub and raising it in their London flat. Eventually, the lion (named Christian) became too big for the space and had to be reintroduced back into the wild. A year later, the friends journeyed to the Africa to see how Christian was getting along. They found that Christian not only remembered them, but was just excited to see them as they were to see him.
And the internet went wild with tears. The video of this reunion containing footage from the 1971 documentary A LION CALLED CHRISTIAN was a massive sensation on YouTube, generating a bizmillion hits and causing viewers all over the world to instantly fall in love with the story.
Neil Moritz is producing an adaptation of Christian's story, and the project has just brought a writer on board. THR reports that J. Mills Goodloe will pen the script for CHRISTIAN THE LION. Goodloe has a number of projects currently in development, including THE AGE OF ADALINE, which will star Blake Lively, and and adaptation of the Nicholas Sparks novel The Best of Me.
It's too early to say when this project will officially begin production, but I have no doubt that when it finally hits theaters, there won't be a dry eye in the house.
If you want to kill a few minutes and have a box of tissues handy, here's the video, with all the feels. Enjoy!
Follow me on Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 301 total posts 301 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 200 total posts 151 posts
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 294 total posts 134 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 259 total posts 100 posts
- Nordling Reviews TRANSCENDENCE! -- 99 total posts 99 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 89 total posts 59 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 100 total posts 55 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 161 total posts 42 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 189 total posts 41 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 283 total posts 40 posts