Wedding Planning Websites Will FINALLY Have their Day in the Sun! Fox Acquires THE KNOT!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Wedding are nothing new to Hollywood movies. That momentous occasion in a couple's life has long been a part of storytelling, particularly in romance films and in romantic comedies.
But you know what is missing? You know who has been unfairly absent from Hollywood films as we know them and could finally use their own movie? The wedding industry. That's right. There are tons of films that depict love and marriage, but the people that actually make that shit happen on the big day? Ignored. The people who tell you exactly what dress to buy and what flowers to get and which centerpieces will make your perfect day all the more magical. The people who turn the choosing of a candle or a flower arrangement or a cupcake into the most important decision of your entire life. They have too long been absent from film and it's time they got their due.
Deadline reports that Fox has acquired the rights (yes, because such a thing can happen), to the wedding planning The Knot and sister sites The Bump (for expecting couples) and The Nest (for parents).
Their plan is to make a trilogy of ensemble films that sees the characters progress through these various stages of adulthood.
Which is all well and good, but I'm not really sure why they felt compelled to option the rights to make films based on websites when weddings, pregnancy and parenting have been around long before the internet told us how to plan for all of those things. Hollywood was even making movies about them. FATHER OF THE BRIDE, WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING and PARENTHOOD (among a gazillion others) all happened without the involvement of said websites.
Granted, having the branding of the websites on board may give the series a particular amount of recognition, but will that be enough to pull new people in the door? These films already market to a particular demographic, so will potential viewers be more inclined to head to the theater now that the films have been stamped with The Knot or The Bump name? Time will tell.
What do you guys think?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Big SPOILERS for X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST and APOCALYPSE as new rumors suggest a familiar face will be playing the role of APOCALYPSE!! -- 326 total posts 191 posts
- Disney can now make new Indiana Jones Movies!!! But what about Paramount? -- 350 total posts 159 posts
- HERCULES ON THE RADIO!! Learn What Ain’t It Cool’s TV Critic Thinks Of INSIDE LLEWYN DAVIS, OUT OF THE FURNACE, FROZEN, NEBRASKA And The Latest WALKING DEAD And RETURNED, The First Big-Screen Wonder Woman and More!! Listen And Call In LIVE Saturday 10pm PT / Sunday 1am ET!! -- 116 total posts 116 posts
- The Annual Official Fake BUTT-NUMB-A-THON 15 List!!! Plus other things like STANDBY news! -- 90 total posts 90 posts
- Jerry Bruckheimer has returned to Paramount and Brett Ratner's BEVERLY HILLS COP IV is now on the way (again)! -- 169 total posts 83 posts
- SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES Writers Developing New TERMINATOR TV Series!! -- 77 total posts 40 posts
- Fox To Dabble In Shared X-MEN / FF Movieverse!?!? -- 189 total posts 23 posts
- The Friday Docback Rounds Up This Week's DOCTOR WHO News!! 50th Celebration, 'Time of the Doctor,' HornOrSilk Reviews 'The Assassination Games' Big Finish Audio, And More!! -- 46 total posts 22 posts
LOW WINTER SUN
2013-2013 -- 26 total posts 19 posts
- Two More NYMPHOMANIAC Posters... -- 80 total posts 13 posts