Wedding Planning Websites Will FINALLY Have their Day in the Sun! Fox Acquires THE KNOT!
Hey guys! Horrorella here...
Wedding are nothing new to Hollywood movies. That momentous occasion in a couple's life has long been a part of storytelling, particularly in romance films and in romantic comedies.
But you know what is missing? You know who has been unfairly absent from Hollywood films as we know them and could finally use their own movie? The wedding industry. That's right. There are tons of films that depict love and marriage, but the people that actually make that shit happen on the big day? Ignored. The people who tell you exactly what dress to buy and what flowers to get and which centerpieces will make your perfect day all the more magical. The people who turn the choosing of a candle or a flower arrangement or a cupcake into the most important decision of your entire life. They have too long been absent from film and it's time they got their due.
Deadline reports that Fox has acquired the rights (yes, because such a thing can happen), to the wedding planning The Knot and sister sites The Bump (for expecting couples) and The Nest (for parents).
Their plan is to make a trilogy of ensemble films that sees the characters progress through these various stages of adulthood.
Which is all well and good, but I'm not really sure why they felt compelled to option the rights to make films based on websites when weddings, pregnancy and parenting have been around long before the internet told us how to plan for all of those things. Hollywood was even making movies about them. FATHER OF THE BRIDE, WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU'RE EXPECTING and PARENTHOOD (among a gazillion others) all happened without the involvement of said websites.
Granted, having the branding of the websites on board may give the series a particular amount of recognition, but will that be enough to pull new people in the door? These films already market to a particular demographic, so will potential viewers be more inclined to head to the theater now that the films have been stamped with The Knot or The Bump name? Time will tell.
What do you guys think?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 164 total posts 115 posts
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 247 total posts 87 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 224 total posts 65 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 84 total posts 39 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 154 total posts 35 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 59 total posts 29 posts
- Some Wicked Cool Stills For The Upcoming BATMAN: ARKHAM KNIGHT Game!! -- 176 total posts 28 posts
- Stallone Talks EXPENDABLES Casting Approach!! Nicholson!?!? -- 262 total posts 19 posts
- AICN debuts the official poster for the stoner, doomsday, psychotic freak out film DON PEYOTE, starring, written and directed by Don Fogler!!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- Trailer for IF I STAY, Starring Chloe Grace Moretz! -- 72 total posts 17 posts