AICN Toys: Hot Toys Snake Plissken, Medicom HUSH BATMAN, New ROBOCOP, Classic ROBOCOP, And More!!
John Ary here with a super-sized look at some toy lines that are making headlines this week. As always click on the photos for an embiggened look and for more information check out the pre-order links.
1/6 SCALE SNAKE PLISSKEN FROM SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES
If you ever need a president rescued from a hellhole prison island, there is only one man to call.His name is Snake Plissken and he’s the star of 1981′s Escape from New York. Sideshow Collectibles will soon release this 1/6 scale action figure bearing the likeness of actor Kurt Russell, complete with a movie-accurate costume, USPF-issued submachine gun with detachable silencer, scope and spare mags, his sidearm revolver with scope, an array of throwing stars, cigarette in hand, radio, homing device, wrist time-clock, tracker and Sideshow exclusive swap out hand with cassette tape. He’ll hang glide into action in third quarter of 2014 or you can pre-order him here.
1/6 SCALE CELTIC PREDATOR FROM HOT TOYS
He may not not wear a kilt, eat Lucky Charms or participate in St. Patrick’s Day parades, but make no mistake. The Celtic Predator bleeds green through and through. Hot Toys will bring this character from Aliens vs Predator into the action figure realm with a a new 1/6 scale collectible, complete with 22 points of articulation, body netting, a pair of interchangeable mandibles, six interchangeable hands, a shoulder cannon, extendable spear, a metal dagger with sheath, a pair of long blades that attach to his forearm armor, a shuriken, a detachable light-up face plate, body armor and a rocky ground-like figure stand with sculpted skull and alien head. Look for this Celtic warrior to go on the hunt in the first half of 2014 or you can pre-order him here.
REAL ACTION HEROES HUSH:BATMAN FROM MEDICOM
Jeph Loeb and Jim Lee created one of the best-selling books of the early 2000′s with Batman: Hush. Now Medicom will create two new 1/6 scale action figures featuring Batman and Superman based on that Hush storyline. Each Real Action Hero will have a fabric costume. These will arrive in July or you can preorder Batman here and Superman here.
PLAY ARTS KAI ROBOCOPS FROM SQUARE ENIX
See the evolution of Detroit’s favorite cyborg with Square Enix’s three upcoming Robocop Play Arts Kai action figures. The first comes from the original 1987 film. The upcoming reboot will serve as the basis for the 1.0 and 3.0 versions. Each of the 9.5-inch action figures feature complex ball and swing joints, interchangeable parts, weapons, and a display stand. These will release in March.
8-BIT ROBOCOP FROM NECA
Based on the NES game that was based on the original movie, NECA plans to release a new 7-inch version of Old Detroit’s cyborg protector. It will follow 8-bit NES versions of Jason Vorhees andFreddy Krueger. This fully articulated 7-inch figure will feature a spring-loaded holster and his trusty Auto-9 Pistol, along with a blue-ish purple video game paint deco with a hint of cel shading. The special window box packaging has an opening flap to re-create the design of the classic 1989 video game box. He’ll report for duty in February or you can pre-order him here.
AND FINALLY THIS WEEK, The Review Spot takes an in-depth look at Mattel's new Surf's Up Batman from it 1966 TV line of 6-inch action figures...
That's it this week. For more action figure news, check out my toy blog ArticulationTimes.com.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 159 total posts 134 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 122 total posts 78 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 180 total posts 37 posts
- Does This X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST International Poster Get you X-Cited?? -- 556 total posts 33 posts
- Watch the Opening 3 Minutes of Joss Whedon's IN YOUR EYES! -- 176 total posts 19 posts
- Two Images From Michael Fassbender’s MACBETH Movie!! -- 104 total posts 14 posts
- ‘There Is Only One Hell!!’ Stannis, Davos, Melissandre, Varys, Bran, Hodor, Reek And The Bastard Of Bolton Return For Tonight’s Big Second GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 355 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 191 total posts 7 posts
- Check Out Thomas Haden Church in this Trailer for WHITEWASH! -- 63 total posts 7 posts
- In Many Ways We Need Each Other!! Graham & Lecter Reform Their Crimefighting Team On HANNIBAL!! New WHOSE, FIVE-0, BLOODS, UNFORGETTABLE, DIXIE, GUNS, LAST & SMACKDOWN!! Return Of THE WRITERS’ ROOM!! HANGER 1 Finale!! Shatner On CRAIG!! Herc’s Friday TV Talkback!! -- 26 total posts 6 posts