Clive Barker Will Write His HELLRAISER Remake For Dimension Films!
HELLRAISER and HELLRAISER 2: HELLBOUND showed horror fans a rich mythology and a frightening world. Clive Barker's most well-known creation blew the doors off what we knew horror to be back in 1987, and to me, the original is still one of the scariest movies ever made. The sequel, in a lot of ways, is just as amazing, expanding the world of the original and showing us such sights of horror and despair. I never cared much for the sequels that followed those first two films, as the extraordinary became routine, and I always hoped Barker would return to this franchise some day.
Well, fans, that day has come. According to Clive Barker's Facebook feed, he is not only writing the script to the remake (which doesn't have a director yet) but will also bring about the return of the original Pinhead, Doug Bradley. Jesus wept, indeed:
HOT FROM HELL! My friends,I have some news which may be of interest to you. A few weeks ago I had a very productive meeting with Bob Weinstein of Dimension Pictures,in the course of which I pitched a remake of the first HELLRAISER film. The idea of my coming back to the original film and telling the story with a fresh intensity - honoring the structure and the designs from the first incarnation but hopefully creating an even darker and richer film - was attractive to Dimension. Today I have officially been invited to write the script based upon that pitch. What can I tell you about it?
Well, it will not be a film awash with CGI. I remain as passionate about the power of practical make-up effects as I was when I wrote and directed the first HELLRAISER. Of course the best make-up in the world loses force if not inhabited by a first-rate actor. I told the Dimension team that in my opinion there could never be a Pinhead without Doug Bradley, and much to my delight Bob Weinstein agreed. So once the papers are signed, I will open a Lemarchand Configuration, dip my quill in its contents and start writing. I promise that there will be nowhere on the Internet where the news of my progress will be more reliable than here, because the only author of these reports will be Your Infernal Corespondent, me.
My very best wishes to you
Going practical vs. CGI is especially exciting, and I hope that we see even more terrifying visions of the Cenobites, as well as the Lament Configuration. Perhaps we'll get more about the elusive Philip Lemarchand, the inventor of the Box. We wouldn't want to waste such good suffering.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Who wants to see one of GODZILLA's opponents from the new film!?! (In toy form) -- 189 total posts 29 posts
- Robin Williams May Return As Mrs. Doubtfire! -- 75 total posts 26 posts
- There's some cross-promotion going on in the credits of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2, and it's not hinting at what you think! -- 57 total posts 12 posts
- 3rd Official X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST trailer hits - and it is a big one!!! -- 502 total posts 6 posts
- This nifty teaser for Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO hints at some freaky stuff going on in the Amazon! -- 74 total posts 6 posts
- Trailer for IF I STAY, Starring Chloe Grace Moretz! -- 61 total posts 6 posts
- Denzel Washington Walks In The Middle Of The Street In THE EQUALIZER Teaser Poster! -- 35 total posts 5 posts
- Re-Revised X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Casting Re-Adds A Mutant!! -- 123 total posts 4 posts
- "Alright boys, it's Howdy-Doody time!" Michael C. Hall, Sam Shepard, and Don Johnson do the southern noir thing in this COLD IN JULY trailer! -- 26 total posts 4 posts
- Set photos from the set of STAR WARS EPISODE VII in Abu Dhabi?! What's that big round disc they're rolling around?? -- 163 total posts 4 posts