Clive Barker Will Write His HELLRAISER Remake For Dimension Films!
HELLRAISER and HELLRAISER 2: HELLBOUND showed horror fans a rich mythology and a frightening world. Clive Barker's most well-known creation blew the doors off what we knew horror to be back in 1987, and to me, the original is still one of the scariest movies ever made. The sequel, in a lot of ways, is just as amazing, expanding the world of the original and showing us such sights of horror and despair. I never cared much for the sequels that followed those first two films, as the extraordinary became routine, and I always hoped Barker would return to this franchise some day.
Well, fans, that day has come. According to Clive Barker's Facebook feed, he is not only writing the script to the remake (which doesn't have a director yet) but will also bring about the return of the original Pinhead, Doug Bradley. Jesus wept, indeed:
HOT FROM HELL! My friends,I have some news which may be of interest to you. A few weeks ago I had a very productive meeting with Bob Weinstein of Dimension Pictures,in the course of which I pitched a remake of the first HELLRAISER film. The idea of my coming back to the original film and telling the story with a fresh intensity - honoring the structure and the designs from the first incarnation but hopefully creating an even darker and richer film - was attractive to Dimension. Today I have officially been invited to write the script based upon that pitch. What can I tell you about it?
Well, it will not be a film awash with CGI. I remain as passionate about the power of practical make-up effects as I was when I wrote and directed the first HELLRAISER. Of course the best make-up in the world loses force if not inhabited by a first-rate actor. I told the Dimension team that in my opinion there could never be a Pinhead without Doug Bradley, and much to my delight Bob Weinstein agreed. So once the papers are signed, I will open a Lemarchand Configuration, dip my quill in its contents and start writing. I promise that there will be nowhere on the Internet where the news of my progress will be more reliable than here, because the only author of these reports will be Your Infernal Corespondent, me.
My very best wishes to you
Going practical vs. CGI is especially exciting, and I hope that we see even more terrifying visions of the Cenobites, as well as the Lament Configuration. Perhaps we'll get more about the elusive Philip Lemarchand, the inventor of the Box. We wouldn't want to waste such good suffering.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Superman & Lois Lane get wet together!!! BATMAN VS SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE!!! -- 328 total posts 263 posts
- Capone examines how THE NOVEMBER MAN takes the weakest James Bond and makes him a killer spy!!! -- 230 total posts 230 posts
- Mike Epps Is Lee Daniels's Richard Pryor! -- 161 total posts 100 posts
- Ridley Scott Says The BLADE RUNNER Sequel Is Written And It’s… -- 449 total posts 93 posts
- Copernicus interviews Andy Weir, author of THE MARTIAN -- Ridley Scott's next film! -- 69 total posts 69 posts
- Martin Scorsese May Make A Film About One Of America's Greatest Bands! Gabba Gabba Hey! -- 61 total posts 61 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 288 total posts 59 posts
- Harry Potter Gets Horny!! No, Really!! See, He Has HORNS!! -- 58 total posts 58 posts
- BIG HERO 6 Coming To Disney Infinity 2.0!! And STAR WARS!? -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- A New Poster For Robert Downey Jr’s THE JUDGE (It Has A Great Cast)!! -- 42 total posts 42 posts