We have a new Christian Grey for next summer's FIFTY SHADES OF GREY adaptation!!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
The long national nightmare is over as we have finally found out who will be replacing Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey in the TWILIGHT fan-fiction bestselling novel adaptation, FIFTY SHADES OF GREY and according to Variety it will be Jamie Dornan. (And here I was hoping it was going to be Stallone, damn.)
Dornan is an Irish born actor/model/musician who is best known for his Calvin Klein ads and a role on the TV show, ONCE UPON A TIME. He is an obvious pick for Christian Grey as he has the looks for the role and will be cheap. I don’t really have an opinion on this as I haven’t seen anything Dornan has been a part of and have little interest in the novel or this film.
The big question is if he will be able to pull off the subtle character traits and really depict the vulnerability of Christian as described in the novel:
" ‘Why don’t you like to be touched?’ I whisper, staring up into soft gray eyes. ‘Because I’m fifty shades of fucked up, Anastasia.’ ”
" ‘The woman who brought me into this world was a crack whore, Anastasia …’ I slip into a dazed and exhausted sleep, dreaming of a four-year-old gray-eyed boy in a dark, scary, miserable place.’ ”
I also have to share this excerpt from the novel too:
“Suddenly, he sits up and tugs my panties off and throws them on the floor. Pulling off his boxer briefs, his erection springs free. Holy cow! … He kneels up and pulls a condom onto his considerable length. Oh no … Will it? How?”
FIFTY SHADES OF GREY is still scheduled to open August 1st, 2014 and will be directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson. Dakota Johnson will be co-starring with Dornan in the two lead roles. Oscars will follow I'm sure.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 252 total posts 252 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 229 total posts 229 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 210 total posts 209 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 148 total posts 148 posts
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 147 total posts 147 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 208 total posts 123 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 118 total posts 74 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 73 total posts 61 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 352 total posts 57 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 221 total posts 57 posts