We have a new Christian Grey for next summer's FIFTY SHADES OF GREY adaptation!!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
The long national nightmare is over as we have finally found out who will be replacing Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey in the TWILIGHT fan-fiction bestselling novel adaptation, FIFTY SHADES OF GREY and according to Variety it will be Jamie Dornan. (And here I was hoping it was going to be Stallone, damn.)
Dornan is an Irish born actor/model/musician who is best known for his Calvin Klein ads and a role on the TV show, ONCE UPON A TIME. He is an obvious pick for Christian Grey as he has the looks for the role and will be cheap. I don’t really have an opinion on this as I haven’t seen anything Dornan has been a part of and have little interest in the novel or this film.
The big question is if he will be able to pull off the subtle character traits and really depict the vulnerability of Christian as described in the novel:
" ‘Why don’t you like to be touched?’ I whisper, staring up into soft gray eyes. ‘Because I’m fifty shades of fucked up, Anastasia.’ ”
" ‘The woman who brought me into this world was a crack whore, Anastasia …’ I slip into a dazed and exhausted sleep, dreaming of a four-year-old gray-eyed boy in a dark, scary, miserable place.’ ”
I also have to share this excerpt from the novel too:
“Suddenly, he sits up and tugs my panties off and throws them on the floor. Pulling off his boxer briefs, his erection springs free. Holy cow! … He kneels up and pulls a condom onto his considerable length. Oh no … Will it? How?”
FIFTY SHADES OF GREY is still scheduled to open August 1st, 2014 and will be directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson. Dakota Johnson will be co-starring with Dornan in the two lead roles. Oscars will follow I'm sure.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- SDCC '14: Another snap of Batfleck from BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 339 total posts 110 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint talks about the surprisingly good 5-ish minutes of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles shown at the Con! -- 106 total posts 106 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen the new Interstellar trailer! Plus The Rock and Spongebob stuff! -- 105 total posts 105 posts
- Mark Hamill referred to his beard for STAR WARS: EPISODE VII as "contractually-obligated"!! Does that confirm what we've been hearing?? -- 278 total posts 92 posts
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY Trailer Is Like Daaaaayuuuuuuum! -- 322 total posts 75 posts
- Two New AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic-Con Posters Reveal… -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- "This is a classic alternate reality situation...like FRINGE!" Get wet with the red-band trailer for HOT TUB TIME MACHINE 2! -- 111 total posts 58 posts
- New Clips From STAR WARS REBELS Bring Lightsabers And Stormtroopers!! -- 24 total posts 24 posts
- A First And Promising Trailer For NIGHTFALL, The Ridley Scott Produced HALOverse Digital Series!! -- 20 total posts 20 posts
- A New Trailer & Gameplay From LEGO BATMAN 3!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts