We have a new Christian Grey for next summer's FIFTY SHADES OF GREY adaptation!!
Hey Yo, Draven here.
The long national nightmare is over as we have finally found out who will be replacing Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey in the TWILIGHT fan-fiction bestselling novel adaptation, FIFTY SHADES OF GREY and according to Variety it will be Jamie Dornan. (And here I was hoping it was going to be Stallone, damn.)
Dornan is an Irish born actor/model/musician who is best known for his Calvin Klein ads and a role on the TV show, ONCE UPON A TIME. He is an obvious pick for Christian Grey as he has the looks for the role and will be cheap. I don’t really have an opinion on this as I haven’t seen anything Dornan has been a part of and have little interest in the novel or this film.
The big question is if he will be able to pull off the subtle character traits and really depict the vulnerability of Christian as described in the novel:
" ‘Why don’t you like to be touched?’ I whisper, staring up into soft gray eyes. ‘Because I’m fifty shades of fucked up, Anastasia.’ ”
" ‘The woman who brought me into this world was a crack whore, Anastasia …’ I slip into a dazed and exhausted sleep, dreaming of a four-year-old gray-eyed boy in a dark, scary, miserable place.’ ”
I also have to share this excerpt from the novel too:
“Suddenly, he sits up and tugs my panties off and throws them on the floor. Pulling off his boxer briefs, his erection springs free. Holy cow! … He kneels up and pulls a condom onto his considerable length. Oh no … Will it? How?”
FIFTY SHADES OF GREY is still scheduled to open August 1st, 2014 and will be directed by Sam Taylor-Johnson. Dakota Johnson will be co-starring with Dornan in the two lead roles. Oscars will follow I'm sure.
Follow me on Twitter here!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 420 total posts 83 posts
- THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN Is Now Called... -- 46 total posts 46 posts
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 168 total posts 38 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 66 total posts 37 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 44 total posts 36 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 42 total posts 33 posts
- Behold The Greatness Of IMAX's GODZILLA Poster!! -- 26 total posts 26 posts
- Mowgli to have friends like Scarlett Johansson and Lupita Nyong'o in Jon Favreau's JUNGLE BOOK! -- 61 total posts 25 posts
- Check Out the Trailer for EJECTA - From PONTYPOOL Scribe Tony Burgess! -- 31 total posts 24 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 43 total posts 21 posts