Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an early screening of ENDER'S GAME in IMAX!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
I'll admit, I know very little about the story of ENDER'S GAME beyond what has been revealed in the trailers. I know several people who have read the Orson Scott Card novel (adapted and directed by Gavin Hood) and swear it's a solid and interesting story, and that's good enough for me. Spare me the details because I still relish the element of surprise every so often when going into a new film. I also happen to be impressed with the strange and exciting casting choices, including young actors like HUGO's Asa Butterfield, TRUE GRIT's Hailee Steinfeld, THE KINGS OF SUMMER's Moises Arias, and ZOMBIELAND's Abigail Bresllin. And, you know, those older folks too, like Viola Davis, Ben Kingsley and long-time space traveller Harrison Ford.
If any of this even mildly interests you, then I've got good news: I have a 100 seats for an early Chicago screening of ENDER'S GAME, taking place Tuesday, October 29 at 7:00 pm at the Navy Pier IMAX Theatre. To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at EnderChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "This Is Not A Game" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite film featuring kids in space, and why?" I need a film title and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me soon if you've won, so check your email and the site for the winners' names.
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house. Winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45 pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Summit Entertainment for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- First Trailer for EDGE OF TOMORROW, Starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt! -- 277 total posts 21 posts
- I'd watch Simon Pegg and Monty Python in ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING! -- 66 total posts 20 posts
- Our First Sense Of Uni's FAST AND THE FURIOUS 7 Strategy?? -- 141 total posts 15 posts
- A Poster For The Badass Looking GODZILLA!! -- 161 total posts 14 posts
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES Teaser Posters Portend The Arrival Of Next Week's Trailer!! -- 148 total posts 12 posts
- THE PURGE 2 to be headed up by Frank Grillo! -- 40 total posts 12 posts
- Samuel L. Jackson in Talks for David Yates' TARZAN! -- 105 total posts 10 posts
- Is Jason Clarke Our New John Connor? -- 201 total posts 8 posts
- Sony has hired a writer for BAD BOYS 3, plus updates on the MEN IN BLACK and GHOSTBUSTERS franchises!! -- 296 total posts 7 posts
- Ohmygod Ohmygod, you guys! The Godzilla trailer! -- 689 total posts 6 posts