Live in Chicago? Capone has seats for an early screening of ENDER'S GAME in IMAX!!!
Hey everyone. Capone in Chicago here.
I'll admit, I know very little about the story of ENDER'S GAME beyond what has been revealed in the trailers. I know several people who have read the Orson Scott Card novel (adapted and directed by Gavin Hood) and swear it's a solid and interesting story, and that's good enough for me. Spare me the details because I still relish the element of surprise every so often when going into a new film. I also happen to be impressed with the strange and exciting casting choices, including young actors like HUGO's Asa Butterfield, TRUE GRIT's Hailee Steinfeld, THE KINGS OF SUMMER's Moises Arias, and ZOMBIELAND's Abigail Bresllin. And, you know, those older folks too, like Viola Davis, Ben Kingsley and long-time space traveller Harrison Ford.
If any of this even mildly interests you, then I've got good news: I have a 100 seats for an early Chicago screening of ENDER'S GAME, taking place Tuesday, October 29 at 7:00 pm at the Navy Pier IMAX Theatre. To win a pair of tickets (or just one, if that's all you want), send me an email at EnderChicago@aintitcoolmail.com (please note the new email address) with the subject line "This Is Not A Game" (exactly like that). In the body of the email, I need your full Name, whether or not you're bringing a Guest (each winner may bring ONE confirmed guest--if I think you gave your +1 to someone trolling for free tickets at the theater, you won't get in), and the answer to the following question: "What is your favorite film featuring kids in space, and why?" I need a film title and a detailed reason for your choice. Keep your responses BRIEF--no more than 75 words (no matter how tempted you are to go over the limit). Best answers win, and you'll hear from me soon if you've won, so check your email and the site for the winners' names.
Because this is not an exclusive Ain't It Cool News event, it is overbooked to guarantee a full house. Winners' seats will be held until 15 minutes before showtime (meaning 6:45 pm), at which time any empty seats in our rows will be given away. So you should arrive early to make sure you get in and get a good seat. If you can't arrive early, don't enter this contest. If there's even the slightest chance you or your guest will have to back out of attending or arrive late if you do win, don't enter. If you have a job that might make you late or unable to attend, or an ill/pregnant relative, or a temperamental significant other, or a scratchy throat, do not enter. And the 24-hour-notice-to-cancel rule is done. If you win and don't show up, the Black List is your new best friend.
Good luck, everyone! And thanks to Summit Entertainment for giving us this very cool screening.
-- Steve Prokopy
Follow Me On Twitter
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay to bring you MANIMAL: THE MOVIE! -- 207 total posts 66 posts
- Could These International TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES Win Over A Skeptical 7(ish) Year Old?? -- 65 total posts 65 posts
- Idris Elba to play one of Guy Ritchie's KNIGHTS OF THE ROUNDTABLE! -- 374 total posts 47 posts
- "I would never order an alcoholic beverage on the bridge..." Trailer for SPACE STATION 76 has its heart firmly in place and its tongue firmly in cheek! -- 88 total posts 39 posts
- Edgar Wright's Next Project Revealed! -- 139 total posts 31 posts
- 4th Week of July 2014 PICKS & PEEKS: Werewolves, BLUE RUIN, Nordic Noir, ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE + more! -- 186 total posts 28 posts
- Learn Which Movie Star Just Signed On To HBO’s Jonathan Nolan/Bad Robot Pilot WESTWORLD!! -- 25 total posts 25 posts
- New Trailer Promises the Creepiest HONEYMOON Ever! -- 41 total posts 23 posts
- A New & Full Length Trailer For Disney XD’s STAR WARS REBELS!! -- 71 total posts 19 posts
- JJ Abrams reveals a rusted out, beat up awesome looking X-Wing in new video! -- 558 total posts 18 posts