Check out these heartwarming behind the scenes photos from the making of The Hobbit Trilogy!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. In my months spent tagging along with those crazy Hobbit film people I was once again blown away by the generous, friendly and familial atmosphere that for some reason just permeates the air in New Zealand.
Wherever that group of crazy Kiwis, audacious Ausies, badass Brits and amazing Americans went, be it a soundstage in the Wellington suburb of Miramar or up on a mountain somewhere in the wilds of the South Island of New Zealand, everybody was always calm, cool and collected.
Of course, a film set is a stressful place, especially when filming on location as the crew is at the mercy of the elements, but in my time there I never experienced a negative vibe that I have on dozens of other sets.
The reason for the long preamble is that a set of behind the scenes images popped up on imgur each featuring Martin Freeman as Bilbo Baggins showing just how much love he had inside during the making of these films. It was obviously so strong an emotion that he had to give it a kind of physical trademark during the filming.
I saw this in person a few times, thankfully never aimed in my direction. These stills come from all three Hobbit movies, but I don't think there's much in the way of spoilers. Enjoy!
That was indeed a tradition. Nine times out of ten if Freeman spotted himself being filmed by the behind the scenes camera crew or shot by the onset photographer he'd extend the finger.
He wasn't mean about it... in fact, he took his job probably the most seriously of all the cast, but that doesn't mean he was without humor... clearly.
I don't know for sure, but I'm guessing those images came from some of the documentary footage that will be on The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Extended Edition, which I am dying to see. I've talked to a fellow over at Empire that has seen the EE and verified my excised cameo makes the cut. That's exciting for me, but honestly I think I'm more psyched to see the epic making-of documentaries.
Anyway, there's a little feel of what it's like watching Martin Freeman work. Heh.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- BARBIE. The Movie. -- 147 total posts 17 posts
- They're going to have to look for another MIDNIGHT RIDER, because after that tragedy, William Hurt ain't stickin' around! -- 40 total posts 11 posts
- UPDATED (21:55): Trailer taken down by IFC! The trailer for BOYHOOD takes us through a decade-plus of the life of young lead actor Ellan Coltrane! -- 19 total posts 11 posts
- The First Official BTS Shots From JURASSIC WORLD Are Here!! -- 78 total posts 10 posts
- Robert Downey Jr. seems to be tweeting a picture a day from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron... -- 111 total posts 10 posts
- Tom Hardy (as twins) and Emily Browning to star in Brian Helgeland's gangster flick, LEGEND! -- 17 total posts 8 posts
- Director Colin Trevorrow Talks The Bigger Picture Of JURASSIC WORLD!! -- 71 total posts 7 posts
- Fox has hired a pair of writers to get a FLASH GORDON movie off the ground! -- 398 total posts 6 posts
- "Where do you stand on Michael Buble?" "His windpipe?" Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon have more celebrity impressions up their sleeves in THE TRIP TO ITALY trailer! -- 28 total posts 6 posts
- There Will Soon Be No More Orci / Kurtzman Movies!?!? + One Of Them Is Pushing To Direct The Third JJVerse STAR TREK Film!! -- 343 total posts 6 posts