The red-band trailer for HOMEFRONT has Statham blowing out kneecaps and Franco cussin' up a storm!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
IGN has premiered the red-band trailer for the Sylvester Stallone-written Jason Statham-James Franco face-off, HOMEFRONT, and it really uses that restricted label to full effect. This trailer is chock-full of bad language, drug use, and (digitally rendered) blood splattering. Usually, that sort of front-loaded carnage would hint that the finished product doesn't bring that much more to the table, but this film is lookin' fun. The "they took my daughter" stuff looks like same-old, same-old, but the action and the cast make it seem like this could be a really enjoyable, if somewhat traditional fall-time action flick.
The main pull of this movie, besides the predictably (and gloriously) operatic machinations that come with Sly's scripts, is Franco's over-the-top turn as the meth kingpin "Gator Bodine" (isn't the way he says that name great?). The dude looks awesome, and not in the funny-intense way his Alien in SPRING BREAKERS was, but rather in a genuine teeth-gnashing villain role. I like that the trailer focuses almost as much on him as it does Statham, showing how freaked out he is by the presence of an ass-kicking undercover agent in his town. As for Statham, his role looks like his generic stoic hero character, but up against Franco, and with Stallone scripting and Gary Fleder directing, it should land on the more charismatic side of his spectrum of performances (although he's really failing to live up to the potential he exhibited in those Guy Ritchie films and LONDON, IMO).
And is it just me, or is Winona Ryder still like unthinkably pretty? I mean, not to discredit her talents as an actress, but she makes it real easy to remember my die-hard childhood crush on her. Whatever she's doin', it's workin'. Alas, I digress…
HOMEFRONT cooks in your town on November 27th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 1st wk of Sept 2014's PICKS & PEEKS with Universal Monsters, FIRESTARTER, Eco-Terrorism, swords & fantasy! -- 177 total posts 173 posts
- A Badass GAME OF THRONES Sword Guy Has Apparently Been Cast In STAR WARS EPISODE VII!! -- 124 total posts 124 posts
- See Luke Evans' Kinect Bats In This New DRACULA UNTOLD Trailer!! -- 88 total posts 88 posts
- This New Trailer For MONSTERS: DARK CONTINENT Is Looking Promising!! -- 81 total posts 81 posts
- BBC Issues DOCTOR WHO: ‘Robot of Sherwood’ Promo Images!! + DOCTOR WHO EXTRAs For ‘Deep Breath’ And ‘Into the Dalek’ Are Now On YouTube!! -- 49 total posts 49 posts
- Who is in consideration to take the role of Snake in the ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK remake!?! -- 747 total posts 33 posts
- AICN COMICS PODCAST reviews GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY! WAYWARD! SUNDOWNERS! & More! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- The Friday Docback Crawls ‘Into The Dalek’!! Reader Reaction For DOCTOR WHO S08E02 Is Here!! + HornOrSilk's 'Breaking Bubbles and Other Stories' Big Finish Audio Review, Clips, And More!! -- 431 total posts 18 posts
- The DRUNK HISTORY Finale!! HOUDINI Finale!! ROYAL PAINS Finale!! RIZZOLI & ISLES Finale!! HARD KNOCKS Finale!! New TALENT, CARTER, GEAR, LITTLE, LIARS, MATADOR, WIZARD!! The Chenbot On LETTERMAN!! Brienne Of Tarth On CRAIG!! Herc’s Tuesday TV Talkback!! -- 16 total posts 16 posts
- Final PICKS & PEEKS of Aug 2014: LEGEND OF HELL HOUSE, Zombies, FOSSE, RATS, Nukes & Teens!!! -- 385 total posts 13 posts