The red-band trailer for HOMEFRONT has Statham blowing out kneecaps and Franco cussin' up a storm!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
IGN has premiered the red-band trailer for the Sylvester Stallone-written Jason Statham-James Franco face-off, HOMEFRONT, and it really uses that restricted label to full effect. This trailer is chock-full of bad language, drug use, and (digitally rendered) blood splattering. Usually, that sort of front-loaded carnage would hint that the finished product doesn't bring that much more to the table, but this film is lookin' fun. The "they took my daughter" stuff looks like same-old, same-old, but the action and the cast make it seem like this could be a really enjoyable, if somewhat traditional fall-time action flick.
The main pull of this movie, besides the predictably (and gloriously) operatic machinations that come with Sly's scripts, is Franco's over-the-top turn as the meth kingpin "Gator Bodine" (isn't the way he says that name great?). The dude looks awesome, and not in the funny-intense way his Alien in SPRING BREAKERS was, but rather in a genuine teeth-gnashing villain role. I like that the trailer focuses almost as much on him as it does Statham, showing how freaked out he is by the presence of an ass-kicking undercover agent in his town. As for Statham, his role looks like his generic stoic hero character, but up against Franco, and with Stallone scripting and Gary Fleder directing, it should land on the more charismatic side of his spectrum of performances (although he's really failing to live up to the potential he exhibited in those Guy Ritchie films and LONDON, IMO).
And is it just me, or is Winona Ryder still like unthinkably pretty? I mean, not to discredit her talents as an actress, but she makes it real easy to remember my die-hard childhood crush on her. Whatever she's doin', it's workin'. Alas, I digress…
HOMEFRONT cooks in your town on November 27th.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- The Bat Cowl from BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE is in the hall! -- 188 total posts 188 posts
- There's a new awesome filming location for STAR WARS 7!!! -- 157 total posts 157 posts
- Beginning of a flood of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Comic Con Artwork?!?! -- 189 total posts 106 posts
- Marvel Debuts Special ANT-MAN Poster For Comic Con! -- 108 total posts 66 posts
- Sony Says Fuck It, Announces Release Dates For THE SINISTER SIX And THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 3! -- 344 total posts 49 posts
- Behold The Blazing New Poster For THE HOBBIT: THE BATTLE OF THE FIVE ARMIES!! -- 206 total posts 42 posts
- SDCC '14: Title logo for WARCRAFT! -- 53 total posts 42 posts
- Marvel sets one additional 2018 release date! -- 99 total posts 38 posts
- He's not 007 anymore, but Pierce Brosnan is still kicking ass across Europe in the full trailer for THE NOVEMBER MAN! -- 83 total posts 34 posts
- EXPENDABLES 3 launches a ton of Comic Con posters! -- 92 total posts 31 posts