Haley Joel Osment signs onto Kevin Smith's TUSK and Max Landis' ME HIM HER!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
After making a huge spalsh (and almost pulling down an Academy Award) with THE SIXTH SENSE, and appearing in movies like A.I. ARITIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE and SECONDHAND LIONS, Haley Joel Osment spent most of the last decade offscreen. Aside from voice-over work (he participated in 8 of the KINGDOM HEARTS games as the protagonist, Sora), the occasional indie flick, and that stunt-casting as "New Mac" on IT'S ALWAYS SUNNY IN PHILADELPHIA, it's been a while since we've seen the talented former child star in cinemas. Well, Max Landis and Kevin Smith are gonna remedy that for us. Deadline has announced that Osment is set to co-star in Kevin Smith's TUSK and Max Landis' indie comedy, ME HIM HER. In TUSK, he'll be featured as Justin Long's buddy and podcast partner who looks for him when he's abducted in the Canadian wilderness for, as he's sure to eventually find out, the purpose of sewing him into walrus blubber. His role in ME HIM HER is as-of-yet unannounced, as is the film's plot (other than the occasional vague Max Landis Tweet). We do know that it also features Alia Shawkat, Geena Davis, and Scott friggin' Bakula, so...I guess I'm seeing it no matter what the fuck it's about.
It's cool to know that he'll be working with Smith in what seems to be a major role, but I love how Deadline presents the ME HIM HER news as "exclusive" when Landis himself Tweeted about his presence, oh, about two whole months ago (which is where the above picture comes from). We know just as much about his actual function in the film now as we did then, but I guess Deadline got the TUSK news and decided to slip that second bit in there just to buttress the story. But nothing on Twitter is exclusive, guys. Just sayin'
What's also interesting is they attribute Osment's break from acting to his studies at NYU. Well, I was a freshman with Haley at Tisch School of the Arts, and that was in…2006. Not exactly last week. Not to say he didn't pursue his studies elsewhere, or kept himself busy in the interim, but I think it's a stretch to say that his undergrad schooling alone kept him away from the scene for 7 years. Other stuff probably contributed to that absence too. Again, just sayin'.
Nonetheless, like everyone else, I remember being blown away by his SIXTH SENSE and A.I. performances, so I'm glad to see him getting some medium-to-high-profile work as a full-grown adult. But part of me feels that no matter what he do, he will never quite top this...
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 575 total posts 124 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 441 total posts 121 posts
- Watch Quickly!! Some Test Footage From Tim Miller And Ryan Reynolds’ DEADPOOL Movie!! -- 77 total posts 77 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 731 total posts 66 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint runs down the AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON footage!!! -- 164 total posts 22 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen actual footage from George Miller's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!!! -- 129 total posts 22 posts
- Our First Katniss-centric Trailer For THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY PART 1!! -- 18 total posts 18 posts
- ‘You Have Failed This City!!’ When Atom Met ARROW!! 2.5 Minutes Of Season Three!! -- 52 total posts 16 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint checks out Marvel's Ant-Man panel and sees a nifty teaser sequence! -- 69 total posts 15 posts
- Disney Infinity Summons Loki, Green Goblln, And Ronan the Accuser!! -- 14 total posts 14 posts