I'm rooting for the crocodile. I hopes he swallows The Behind the Scenes Pic of the Day whole!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here with today’s Behind the Scenes Pic!
How in the hell does Lake Placid only have a 5.5 rating on IMDB? Do people really not understand the camp and comedy is kind of what makes that movie work? I mean it's a movie about a giant crocodile that lives in a lake and was raised by Betty White!
Bridget Fonda, Bill Pullman, Oliver Platt and Brendan Gleeson are all so damn funny in the flick and they even found a part for Natty Gann! Add on to that some really awesome practical work from Stan Winston (and sadly some less than stellar late '90s CGI), a perfect darkly comic tone and some very witty writing and you get one of my personal favorite horror comedies.
In celebration of this underappreciated gem, today's picture we have the late, great Stan Winston checking out the maquette for the Lake Placid croc.
Thanks to the incredibly talented sculptor Nick Marra and the good folks at the Stan Winston School for the image. Enjoy!
If you have a behind the scenes shot you’d like to submit to this column, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tomorrow’s behind the scenes pic is zombie related.
I've got a lot of maintenance work to do on the previous BTS articles, but you can visit two pages worth of images (beware of some broken links thanks to the last server shift): Click here for Page One and Click here for Page Two!
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 44 total posts 44 posts
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 509 total posts 12 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 265 total posts 9 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 31 total posts 8 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 14 total posts 8 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 22 total posts 4 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 333 total posts 4 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 11 total posts 3 posts