Vin Diesel only has one line in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY...but he says he'll make it a good one!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Vin Diesel posted a video on his ever-popular Facebook account showing him doing some tongue-in-cheek prep for his role as the walking, talking 7-foot-tall+ tree Groot in James Gunn's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. In it, we see him stumbling about on his stilts in a "Toretto's Garage" t-shirt, before knocking on the trailer of Djimon Hounsou, one of his "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY brothers" (who is also in FAST & FURIOUS 7). It's around this point, toward the end of the video, that he (seemingly spontaneously) reveals that he only will have one line in the upcoming comic-book adaptation. His exact quote is:
My father taught me there are no small roles, only small actors. I only have one line in the movie, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm still going to make it the best possible thing I can, even if that means taking Andy Serkis to a whole 'nother level, which is what we're gonna do with our motion-capture."
I guess we can infer that that one line is Groot's signature phrase, "I AM GROOT!", although we should expect to hear it more than once, and in a bunch of different contexts. As a layman to the GUARDIANS saga, Groot's limited vernacular is news to me, but it seems that if Vin's willing to put this much work into the mo-cap work (alongside his proven skills as a voice-over actor…cue me trying not to tear-up while hearing a deep-voiced "SUPERMAN!" in my head), then Marvel should be getting their money's worth out of the guy even before the publicity push really kicks into high gear. I mean, it certainly seems like his heart's in it, and I'm sure this kind of enthusiasm is doing nothing to hurt his relationship with Marvel which, many of us hope, is only just beginning...
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY will throw down on August 1st, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Check Out Spidey and Electro in the First Clip from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2! -- 138 total posts 138 posts
- ‘Nobody’s Interested In Your Texts!!’ President Barack Obama Takes On Zach Galifianakis BETWEEN TWO FERNS!! -- 171 total posts 136 posts
- Is one of these guys ready to play Dr. Victor Von Doom in Josh Trank's FANTASTIC FOUR?! -- 255 total posts 124 posts
- Quint has seen Gareth Edwards and Legendary's Godzilla presentation at SXSW! Full on Kaiju badassery! -- 80 total posts 80 posts
- SXSW 2014: Nordling Reviews THE RAID 2: BERANDAL! -- 62 total posts 62 posts
- A New Scene From THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2!! -- 55 total posts 55 posts
- Jason Sudeikis to star as the Laker lovin', disguise wearin' Irwin "Fletch" Fletcher in FLETCH WON! -- 114 total posts 42 posts
- The Rock ‘Em, Sock ‘Em Badassity Of TITANFALL Is Now Upon Us!! -- 84 total posts 25 posts
- See The Flash's Full Costume For The New CW Show!! -- 90 total posts 24 posts
- New Clip from CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER! -- 97 total posts 21 posts