Vin Diesel only has one line in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY...but he says he'll make it a good one!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Vin Diesel posted a video on his ever-popular Facebook account showing him doing some tongue-in-cheek prep for his role as the walking, talking 7-foot-tall+ tree Groot in James Gunn's GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY. In it, we see him stumbling about on his stilts in a "Toretto's Garage" t-shirt, before knocking on the trailer of Djimon Hounsou, one of his "GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY brothers" (who is also in FAST & FURIOUS 7). It's around this point, toward the end of the video, that he (seemingly spontaneously) reveals that he only will have one line in the upcoming comic-book adaptation. His exact quote is:
My father taught me there are no small roles, only small actors. I only have one line in the movie, but that doesn't mean anything. I'm still going to make it the best possible thing I can, even if that means taking Andy Serkis to a whole 'nother level, which is what we're gonna do with our motion-capture."
I guess we can infer that that one line is Groot's signature phrase, "I AM GROOT!", although we should expect to hear it more than once, and in a bunch of different contexts. As a layman to the GUARDIANS saga, Groot's limited vernacular is news to me, but it seems that if Vin's willing to put this much work into the mo-cap work (alongside his proven skills as a voice-over actor…cue me trying not to tear-up while hearing a deep-voiced "SUPERMAN!" in my head), then Marvel should be getting their money's worth out of the guy even before the publicity push really kicks into high gear. I mean, it certainly seems like his heart's in it, and I'm sure this kind of enthusiasm is doing nothing to hurt his relationship with Marvel which, many of us hope, is only just beginning...
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY will throw down on August 1st, 2014.
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- ‘I Have Something To Say To The People Of Meereen!!’ The Stormborn Returns For Tonight’s Third GAME OF THRONES Of 2014!! -- 102 total posts 25 posts
- 100 Lucky Ones will see AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 here in Austin on April 30th! -- 19 total posts 19 posts
- Capone feels slightly in limbo about HEAVEN IS FOR REAL!!! -- 507 total posts 10 posts
- This Week's Saturday Shorts: Parkour, Compliments, and Getting Pooped on! -- 13 total posts 7 posts
- Capone desperately wants to pull the plug on TRANSCENDENCE!!! -- 263 total posts 7 posts
- So, what's Steven Spielberg's slate looking like these days? -- 219 total posts 5 posts
- Papa Vinyard Saw THE HATEFUL EIGHT Script Reading Last Night And Here's His Review! -- 26 total posts 3 posts
- ‘Why Don’t We Just Start Our Own Agency??’ Sunday Brings One Of The 13 Final MAD MENs!! -- 21 total posts 3 posts
- Harry rambles fondly about Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO a real red meat Jungle Cannibalism kinda movie! -- 332 total posts 3 posts
- AICN HORROR looks at PROXY! THE LASHMAN! 13 SINS! CAMP DREAD! ROULETTE! POSEIDON REX! CONFINE! DEATH DO US PART! PSYCHOPHONY: AN EXPERIMENT IN EVIL! MONSTERS TV Series! HOWLS! & WOLF CREEK 2! -- 10 total posts 2 posts