Legendary buys a spec script for a sci-fi thriller from writer Lisa Joy entitled REMINISCENCE!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Legendary Pictures, which will be releasing 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE and GODZILLA in the coming months, has bought the rights to a spec script for a large-scaled sci-fi thriller. The script, going by the title REMINISCENCE, was written by Lisa Joy, best known for her TV work on BURN NOTICE, PUSHING DAISIES, and the upcoming WESTWORLD series for HBO. Plot details are nonexistent at this point, but the fact that the script was able to be sold directly to the studio without a package, and, as rumor has it, for a seven-figure price tag, makes it seem that whatever Legendary read gave them high hopes for this project. It will be one of their first films for their new partnership with Universal, along with DRACULA UNTOLD (formerly DRACULA: YEAR ZERO), JURASSIC WORLD, and WARCRAFT.
I'm thinking we'll get a basic logline for this one sooner than later, but for now, all we have is this detail-free press release from Legendary:
Legendary Pictures has closed a deal for the rights to REMINISCENCE, a sci-fi thriller spec script written by Lisa Joy. Alex Hedlund will oversee production for Legendary.
Joy’s past credits include writing for Burn Notice and Pushing Daisies. Her next project includes writing Westworld with Jonathan Nolan for HBO, which she will also executive produce with Nolan, JJ Abrams, and Jerry Weintraub. She is repped by UTA and attorney Michael Schenkman at Bloom Hergott Schenkman
Legendary most recently released PACIFIC RIM directed by Guillermo del Toro, the Jackie Robinson biopic 42, and MAN OF STEEL with Warner Bros. Upcoming highlights from Legendary’s slate include WARCRAFT; 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE; and Legendary’s GODZILLA project, based on Toho Company’s famed character.
She's got ties with the Nolans (via Jonathan, who's also working on WESTWORLD), so is there hope that Legendary/Universal can steal Chris from Warner Bros. for another one-word, high-concept sci-fi thriller?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- At Long Last, Our First Trailer For MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!! Official Vid Of Comic-Con Reel!! -- 558 total posts 107 posts
- Harry says GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY is better than German Chocolate Cake & means it!!! -- 417 total posts 97 posts
- SDCC '14: First footage of Batman vs Superman screens!!! Now w/ hi-res look at Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!! -- 699 total posts 34 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint runs down the AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON footage!!! -- 164 total posts 22 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has seen actual footage from George Miller's MAD MAX: FURY ROAD!!! -- 123 total posts 16 posts
- ‘You Have Failed This City!!’ When Atom Met ARROW!! 2.5 Minutes Of Season Three!! -- 50 total posts 14 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint has a ton of photos and highlights from Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron panel! -- 107 total posts 12 posts
- SDCC '14: Gareth Edwards confirmed to direct GODZILLA 2! Also, a few familiar monsters we should expect! -- 145 total posts 12 posts
- SDCC '14: Quint checks out Marvel's Ant-Man panel and sees a nifty teaser sequence! -- 65 total posts 11 posts
- Full banner and character posters from AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON! -- 199 total posts 10 posts