Legendary buys a spec script for a sci-fi thriller from writer Lisa Joy entitled REMINISCENCE!
Papa Vinyard here, now here's a little somethin' for ya...
Legendary Pictures, which will be releasing 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE and GODZILLA in the coming months, has bought the rights to a spec script for a large-scaled sci-fi thriller. The script, going by the title REMINISCENCE, was written by Lisa Joy, best known for her TV work on BURN NOTICE, PUSHING DAISIES, and the upcoming WESTWORLD series for HBO. Plot details are nonexistent at this point, but the fact that the script was able to be sold directly to the studio without a package, and, as rumor has it, for a seven-figure price tag, makes it seem that whatever Legendary read gave them high hopes for this project. It will be one of their first films for their new partnership with Universal, along with DRACULA UNTOLD (formerly DRACULA: YEAR ZERO), JURASSIC WORLD, and WARCRAFT.
I'm thinking we'll get a basic logline for this one sooner than later, but for now, all we have is this detail-free press release from Legendary:
Legendary Pictures has closed a deal for the rights to REMINISCENCE, a sci-fi thriller spec script written by Lisa Joy. Alex Hedlund will oversee production for Legendary.
Joy’s past credits include writing for Burn Notice and Pushing Daisies. Her next project includes writing Westworld with Jonathan Nolan for HBO, which she will also executive produce with Nolan, JJ Abrams, and Jerry Weintraub. She is repped by UTA and attorney Michael Schenkman at Bloom Hergott Schenkman
Legendary most recently released PACIFIC RIM directed by Guillermo del Toro, the Jackie Robinson biopic 42, and MAN OF STEEL with Warner Bros. Upcoming highlights from Legendary’s slate include WARCRAFT; 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE; and Legendary’s GODZILLA project, based on Toho Company’s famed character.
She's got ties with the Nolans (via Jonathan, who's also working on WESTWORLD), so is there hope that Legendary/Universal can steal Chris from Warner Bros. for another one-word, high-concept sci-fi thriller?
Readers Talkbackcomments powered by Disqus
- Quint sits down with Frank Miller to talk a little about Sin City: A Dame To Kill For! -- 127 total posts 84 posts
- Trailer for Gregg Araki's WHITE BIRD IN A BLIZZARD, Starring Shailene Woodley and Eva Green! -- 79 total posts 73 posts
- Is Tarantino about to make Jennifer Lawrence one of THE HATEFUL EIGHT!?! -- 151 total posts 73 posts
- Shane Black to bring Remo Williams back to the big screen in THE DESTROYER! -- 202 total posts 69 posts
- Take A ‘Deep Breath’ - The DOCTOR WHO S8 Weekend Docbacks Begin Now!! -- 45 total posts 45 posts
- Trailer for NIGHTCRAWLER! "If it bleeds, it leads!" -- 80 total posts 36 posts
- Harry Potter spinoff FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM to be directed by someone...who's directed Harry Potter movies! -- 118 total posts 30 posts
- Superman gets a new costume for BATMAN V SUPERMAN! -- 305 total posts 24 posts
- August Picks & Peeks 2014 Catch Up: DePalma, Jarmusch, Corman, Cuaron, Arau, Cosmotos, Brass, Huston + more! -- 349 total posts 16 posts
- So, What Is This BATMAN v SUPERMAN Prop Newspaper Showing Us?? [MILD SPOILER] -- 180 total posts 14 posts